Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 920 - SkyDrive - How to download songs?

Counsellor
dholi_sat

Lumia 920 - SkyDrive - How to download songs?

When I press on the file, there is no option to download to my phone.  Just to move. share etc.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Lumia 920 - SkyDrive - How to download songs?

[ Edited ]

Currently it is not possible to download music and video files from Skydrive. However, it is possible to stream them to your device.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Counsellor
dholi_sat

[ Edited ]

Damn. Not impressed! Any plans of having this feature included through an update? Also do you know if Apple & Android users can download from their dedicated clouds? Just curious to see how off the pace SkyDrive is...

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

[ Edited ]

Nothing in the immediate future just keep an eye out.I dont use cloud myself to be honest.You might want to check the respective forums for apple and android.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

iPhone does not download music from iCloud, it is streamed to the device. While there are indications Microsoft is working on a mediaplayer in SkyDrive it is not yet available. There are however several apps in the store which will do just that, I personally use SkyMusic which I find to be doing a pretty good job..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Counsellor
dholi_sat

@paulheu - Does it let you select multiple music files and download to your device? Also where do they get saved to? Do I have to open the app to get access or can I retrieve them via music hub?
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

It goes to your internal storage the 920 has no sd card

Now using the Lumia 1520
Counsellor
dholi_sat

How would I go about navigating to it? Just want to know more information before I regret buying it. Thanks.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

There is a trial version of the app which will build a database of a limited amount of tracks. 

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..