Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Lumia 920 - Warranty

Contributor
Shattered
Accepted Solution

Lumia 920 - Warranty

Begin December, I bought a Lumia 920. The first 2 weeks, I couldn't use it (Christmass Present). When I was finally able to use it, it broke after a week. In the middle of the night the light went on and it didn't respond. I tried to reboot, but It didn't start anymore. I Looked it up on Google, looks like many people got this problem. It was possible to flash the phone to get it to work again, but I didn't want to do this.

Instead I send the phone straight to Nokia Repair. After 2 and a half week I got the phone back,

THEY DON'T REPAIR IT, WATER DAMAGE???

What?? This phone hasn't even been close to water or rain. and after 1 week? I can't believe this. they don't want to repair my phone that's only in use for 1 week and that has cost 600 Euro. What?????

What should I do? I've already send a complaint but I thing this isn't going to help...

Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Inside the phone there will be a moisture indicator sticker (possible more than one) that changes colour if the phone has been subject to moisture. However, these can change colour due to condensation and shouldn't be taken as the sole evidence of water damage.

Other things the technician should have looked for would be obvious signs that the internal components have ben in contact with water such as, corrosion or water marks.

Anyway, from what you say about the original fault have you tried rebooting the device? Press and hold the volume down and power buttons together for approx. 12 seconds until the phone vibrates then release. If that doesn't work then try holding the volume down + power + camera buttons together until the phone vibrates, then release the power button but keep holding the other two for a further five seconds then release. Your phone will hopefully restart.

Ray.

Contributor
Shattered

Before I send it to Nokia, I've tried rebooting a lot. I've tried all possible ways I could find on the internet but nothing worked. I'm so **bleep** at Nokia at this moment.

Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Sorry to hear the problems you are having mate. Unfortunately in this case you will have to persist with your Nokia Care. I had an issue with my N8 a few years back and had to go back four times until they resolved my issue, as they claimed I had damaged the phone on my own etc etc.
Contributor
Shattered

You just send it back to them?
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Yes.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Contributor
Shattered

I'm going to send it back to them tomorrow. They really, really need to fix this.

Unacceptable.

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Let us know how you get on.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
WaterDamage

Dear Nokia,

I am an ardent fan of Nokia since my first mobile 3210 from 2000. They were sleek, trendy and most of all "damage proof". i strictly stuck onto the nokia 3210 even as the fashion evolved,. My nokia 3210 stood by me faithfully for 7 long years after then I replaced it with 8210 which again stood by me for 3 years. Unfortunately I had to buy a samsung dual sim which stood exactly 1 year with no hiccups but the interface was a bit confusing to me as I was in love with nokia interface. Then on Jan 18th 2013 i was the first customer who waited to buy Nokia Lumia 920 in Kochi on its launch day that too in their yellow flag color for Rs 36,200. I charged it and carried it around like a baby. I fell in love with the windows phone. 3 days later it went dead and i had to press the volume & start button to switch it on. I bought a external charger for Rs 1500 and then extended my warranty for 1 year for Rs 1250. Now on the onset of monsoon, I found my 920 dead. I took it to Nokia Care and its more than 3 weeks that I dont have a mobile with me. The call that I received from Care was your warrant is first of all voided because its water damage and your mobile cannot be repaired as it is corroded inside. I was shocked, depressed and absolutely disappointed. Nokia charges high prices but they didnot deliver on high quality parts. They told because of the rains, the water got through the battery charger thus destroying the mobile. Dont you people do field tests like you did with your previous models??? What am I supposed to do?? The best part is I was given a replacment Nokia Asha 311 which just broke my heart into a million pieces. Kindly look into this matter.

Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune but there isn't anything this forum can help you with I'm afraid. No manufacturer of any device will cover water damage under warranty.