Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 920 bluetooth problems

Registered Member
Jkjensen

Re: Lumia 920 bluetooth problems

KurtLumia wrote:

I'm having the same problem as everyone else with my 2007 BMW 328xi and bluetooth. Both my car and my Lumia 920 report that it has paried but none of the Bluetooth functionality works.

My previous Lumia 900 and Samsung Focus both worked fine. Nokia can you confirm that you are working on a fix for this? It's very disapointing that I can no longer use bluetooh in my car when it's been working fine with everyother phone I have tried.

I'm having the same issue with my 2006 BMW on iDrive. My Lumia 820 with W8 successfully pairs with iDrive, but then the signal never occurs. No bluetooth calls in my car. :smileyfrustrated:

Is this a W8 issue? A Nokia issue? I wonder if it would happen on the HTC 8x. I might have to go back to my W7 phone, it actually worked.

Contributor
Eric49

Re: Lumia 920 Bluetooth problems (FIXED) REPLACED from my AT&T STORE & NOW WORKS FINE!

I replaced my phone with another 920.  It also has the same problems. If this is truly a hardware issue, Nokia and HTC have major production issues.  I really doubt this is a hardware issue.  Too many people with Nokia and HTC phones have the same problems.

Registered Member
akemag

This is really annoying to hear. I´ve been waiting for the Lumia 920/Wp8 release for some time now, and then this happens. My iPhone4 pairs/works perfect with my 2012 Volvo V70 D3, with Sensus system. Since my mother experienced similar problems with her 2008 SAAB 9-3TTID, and her new Iphone 4s when it was released, i was afraid it could happen to me when switching phone.

This is a real deal breaker! I was thinking of getting the HTC 8x instead seeing this, but i feel i cant rely on that phone working either. This REALLY should have been tested better from Microsoft/Nokia/HTC.

We should be getting some sort of feedback from Nokia/Microsoft real soon here.

Advisor
arman215

Re: Lumia 920 Bluetooth problems (FIXED) REPLACED from my AT&T STORE & NOW WORKS FINE!

That was the first thing I tried last Saturday when I realized that there is no way I can connect the new 920 to my 2006 E60.

Unfortunately the results were the same with the display unit at ATT.

I believe I saw another report from someone with 2009 Nissan Maxima at M$ forums who had no problem connecting, so yours likely was just a defective unit.

Registered Member
bpatt

Re: Lumia 920 Bluetooth problems

Can't connect to my 2011 VW Touareg consistently.  Will occasionally pair through the setup instructions provided by VW and will work beautifully.  BUT  the next trip in the car it never works -- can't connect to hands free, can't connect to music. 

I've tried everything, and nothing works.  This really needs to be addressed quickly.

pskes

I have a Dodge Challenger with Uconnect. When I had the Iphone I was able to connect automatically without any issues what so ever.  With my 920, I have to do it manually by going to the Bluetooth setting and selecting the Uconnect to be discovered. Unlike some folks here I am able to connect but it's not automatically like the Iphone does.   Also, the phone feature is the only thing it connects to. When I try to send a text after connecting the 920 to my Uconnect it states that this phone is not compatible with texting. Hand-free is promoted so much, how can Nokia/Microsoft not have tested this feature? For those of you that will not accept this defect, go to the "Feedback to Nokia" under settings and give it a "not at all likely" maybe that will get their attention. 

tnpmm

I have a 2011 Ford F150 w/ Gen3 v3.2.2 Microsoft SYNC and Red Lumia 920.  This is what I have found:

1.  The Bluetooth will only partially reconnect to the SYNC system.  It will show connected, but it won't do some functions.

WORKAROUND: After partially pairing, ask SYNC to go to Bluetooth Audio (Sometimes I have to do it twice).  After successfully attaching Bluetooth Audio, most functions work fine (audio text reading, phone calls, music streaming)

2.  Volume is too loud/ too soft in Bluetooth.

WORKAROUND:  For whatever reason, volume control for Bluetooth is handled on both the handset and the SYNC system.  Use the volume adjustments on the phone to manually tweak the volume for Bluetooth.  Mine is set at 20/30 for most applications (phone calls, music)

3.  Phone will not play music / won't download anything (phonebook/music library)

WORKAROUND:  I only noticed this problem if I had my phone plugged into the SYNC USB for charging AND paired with Bluetooth.  Do not use the SYNC USB connection and Bluetooth at the same time.  I think the phone gets confused and then locks up randomly

4.  Phone locks up randomly while playing in Bluetooth Mode.

NO SOLUTION FOUND.  I have been experimenting, and the best I have found is that it most often happens when I am playing music or have reconnected to the SYNC system numerous times in the same day.  I have seen some errors during the lockups that say something to the effect that this song can't be played, and then an error code, then lockup for a few minutes.

I have also seen the lockups when I get in and out of my car mulitple times in a day.  Almost like the Bluetooth Stack isn't fully flushing it's cache after a disconnect and after so many reconnects it gets some kind of buffer overrun and it clears it by locking up the phone and resetting.  After the reset, the bluetooth acts as it did before.

I hope this helps other people. These aren't solutions, since my iphone 4 worked fine with my SYNC system, but they may make your Lumia 920 more enjoyable whilst we wait for some kind of fix.

TNpmm

P.S. To clarify, my phone is still locking up randomly, but not nearly as much as long as I follow the aforementioned workarounds.

sdclams

Thanks for doing the research, same problem here with Lumia 820 pairing with 2007 328xi. Trying to find out what profiles the 328xi supports, but cannot seem to find it anywhere. 

Contributor
Eric49

Returned the Lumia 920 to AT&T for an Andriod phone.  I'm not as happy overall with the phone compared to the 920, but it does pair with my car's bluetooth kit with no issues.

dglass

Same problem here...can't connect with my old 900 to transfer contacts via bluetooth or my bluetooth car connection. May return phone
dglass

Its obvious you dont have a 920 which is what this discussion refers to. The 920 will not even pair with the 900 to transfer contacts . Its messed up!
markgw

My problem is with Bluetooth headsets and an aftermarket car stereo. I can get all of them to pair with the 920 (i.e. Xbox Bluetooth headset, LG HBS 700 and Sony Xplode car deck) but randomly I will lose all sound on them after connecting. The phone will show the devices as being connected, but I cannot hear the person I am speaking with and they cannot hear me. The buttons will still work on the devices, but only a reboot of the phone will fix the sound problem. I did have one spontaneous reboot while trying to use Bluetooth. Sometimes it will work flawlessly and other times it will keep dropping sound even after reboots. I have had the phone a week and really like it, but I hope they address this issue soon or the phone goes back. I would like to know if it is software or hardware.

Registered Member
TonyOlt

Nokia 920 and 2012 Honda Odssey.

Phone was not able to pair.

Power off and on Nokia 920, then it was able to pair. BUT, the connection could not stay up.

Previously, Nokia 900 worked fine with the same van.

jeepwrangler

Had the same problem with my wrangler RHR system at first. What I did was clear the previous phone then paired the Nokia 920. After that I powered down the nokia, turned it on, then turned on the bluetooth. It takes under two minutes to conect tot the Navetq, be patient. Then were the volume controls are displayed on the radio you will see your connection bars, but no bluetooth icon, the phone is able to be used. The system freezes whenever I choose it as the AUX option. You do not have to choose the AUX to use the handsfree calling. Hope this works. I paired the phone and the radio using 0000.

Counsellor

markgw wrote:

My problem is with Bluetooth headsets and an aftermarket car stereo. I can get all of them to pair with the 920 (i.e. Xbox Bluetooth headset, LG HBS 700 and Sony Xplode car deck) but randomly I will lose all sound on them after connecting. The phone will show the devices as being connected, but I cannot hear the person I am speaking with and they cannot hear me. The buttons will still work on the devices, but only a reboot of the phone will fix the sound problem. I did have one spontaneous reboot while trying to use Bluetooth. Sometimes it will work flawlessly and other times it will keep dropping sound even after reboots. I have had the phone a week and really like it, but I hope they address this issue soon or the phone goes back. I would like to know if it is software or hardware.

I have exactly the same problem. The only thing I've noted is that Bluetooth music stream works very well.

I've got a Pioneer Avic-F20bt (F30bt) and my contacts to sync. Actually Pioneer is using parrot as embedded bluetooth module.

I'll do the following test and will reply:

1. Connect bluetooth

2. Play music

3. Make & Receive calls

According to what I've noted and seen, it's most likely the "Handsfree" function which is fuc*ed up.

Hani_N

I'm having the same issue with my lumia 920 and 2007 BMW 530i. the phone will say it's connected when I try to pair them but will say that it can't connect as soon as I try use the phone.

Is there any information from Nokia/Microsoft regarding this issue!?

mcadams

I have the new Lumia 820 and the bluetooth will pair with my Plantronics headset, but after about 3 days it will stop transmitting to it.  It will still show paired, you can press the button on the headset and if you are on speaker phone it will transfer the phone to bluetooth, but you cant hear anything and they cant hear you talk.  This happens with both the Plantronics 975 and the Plantronics Backbeat.  It has also locked up my phone twice, thank goodness for the removeable battery.  Yes I have reset the phone, removed the pairing, repaired..etc.  The bluetooth fails to work with anything after it quits with one headset.

This is also my 2nd Lumia 820 that this happens on.

I will be returning it and staying with my 800 until somebody resolves this issue.

Registered Member
Gvenkat

I have the same problem. Bluetooth just does not seem to connect automatically. Everytime I step into my car, i have to connect the phone. Painful..

jeepwrangler

After pairing the phone turn the Bluetooth on the phone, the radio will pick up the signal automatically, not instantly; give it two minutes.The probelm I had was trying to manually connect the Bluetooth that was in the process of connecting itself.

Registered Member
qdome

I have spoken to two Tier 1 reps and finally was able to get the issue escalated. The escalation team, however, wants to blame the car (a 2007 BMW 328xi) - He felt he should close the ticket, but I countered with a question - "If 60 people are reporting this issue on your own website, how can you refer to this as not a "known issue" still?" He decided to keep the ticket open. The issue for me is that I can get both the phone and car to see each other, but they will not stay connected. IT is an AT&T US Lumia 920. I was a Lumia 900 user and had no issues with the same vehicle. PLease call Nokia and insist they escalate the issue. The more people that do so the more likely we are to get an answer.