Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 network issue

SRBNG9

Lumia 920 network issue

[ Edited ]
I have 920 for more than 2 weeks now. It has a serious bug. When the screen locks out and you enter your password and go back to home screen, it loses network connectivity. It is as if the phone goes to sleep and then does not come back to state it was.

I have tested umpteen times now. I get 3G, screen locks, enter password after some time. Phone comes up with no signal. After some time it catches GPRS. I then roamed around with the phone everywhere included next to a Vodafone tower. Remains on GPRS. Restart the phone and it catches 3G.

This is rather painful and very inconvenient.

Anyone facing this? I am in Bangalore and on Vodafone 3G.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Lumia 920 network issue

This does not happen to my 920 which remains on H or 3G. Do you have Battery Saver enabled by any chance? Goto Settings>Battery saver to check settings, 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
garym114

Check WiFi settings, advanced. Check box - Keep WiFi on when screen times out.

That came in an update.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

That update is not available to everyone

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aothmab

After the update it started to happen to me too. The only solution is to restart the phone. This is getting annoying.
Please use plain text.
Knx87

Hi,

I experience this as well.

When I lock the screen, it looses the network after some time.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Try a reset then.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
JoburgJoller

Got my phone yesterday have the same problem how have you resolved the issue.
Please use plain text.
JoburgJoller

Hi Nokia
I have resolved the issue of losing the network after a week of frustration.
My daughter informed me that the iphone 5 had a similar problem caused by the connection speed being set to LTE.

I went to settings,mobile network, highest connection speed. I changed the setting to 3G.

My phone now works perfectly and does not lose the network.

Johannesburg South Africa
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vivek04

just want to share my experience to everyone dealing with the issue with my Lumia 920 that keeps disconnecting or losing connection with my cellular carrier. I believe the issue lies with the software if your phone is set to select the carrier automatically. If you set your phone to "Manual" to select network carrier it should resolve the issue. I have been having this issue for about a month now and I just tried fiddling with cellular network settings and decided to select my carrier manually. What do you know, I never have any more problems losing connection with my carrier especially if I enable my data for internet connection. Try it out guys. Hopefully this help at all.

Please use plain text.