Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920's Music player is buggy

Advisor
Sam87

Lumia 920's Music player is buggy

My phone and apps are up to date and yet both Nokia Music and Music + Videos apps seem to be very buggy. In Nokia Music you can't fast forward songs (from what I can tell) In both apps, you can't skip songs, sometimes a song won't even play unless you manually launch another song and then go back and pick the first song. Sometimes a song has some weird audio glitches but other times it plays just fine. Once a songs stops playing, it goes back to song list instead of playing the following songs. I downloaded a free third party player and it doesn't seem to have any of these issues. Come on, Nokia/Microsoft, I shouldn't rely on third party apps to play my songs properly. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Lumia 920's Music player is buggy

Hi there Sam87,

At least I'm not the only one experiencing audio glitches with the 920! I too had similar problems with the audio making funny quacking sounds, even though the same song had played exactly fine minutes before. And that I set a Custom EQ but it decides to turn itself off sometimes, and when I reboot the phone the Custom EQ has turned itself off again, and I have to go into the Settings to re-enable the EQ and Dolby Headphone time after time.

Apart from suggesting something drastic such as performing a hard reset on your phone, there's not much that can be done about this issue. I am sure that Nokia are being made aware of this and will work quickly on providing a fix.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
syndr0m

bump!

Same problems.

The music player is buggy, you can't fast forward / backward (mp3) inside the app, but you can when the screen is locked !?

Shouldn't be that crazy to have a decent build-in mp3 player on a high end smartphone in late 2012.

Please forward to MS.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

syndr0m wrote:

bump!

Same problems.

The music player is buggy, you can't fast forward / backward (mp3) inside the app, but you can when the screen is locked !?

Shouldn't be that crazy to have a decent build-in mp3 player on a high end smartphone in late 2012.

Please forward to MS.

Thanks.

You can leave feedback with MS yourself by clicking the link below.

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PSRDIC

My 920 has failed as it will not play wav files or even mp4's as Nokia specs indicate. I have now loaded a (320 kbps) 143mb posdcast and that won't play. Very very frustating. 

It does seem happy to player low bit rate single song mp3's, ie file size 6 to 10mb in size. 

To Nokia's credit, their service and communication has been excellent. but really, unless these problems are resolved, I am left with a handset that will not function in one of the main areas, that I chose the 920 for. 

I really hope they can fix these bugs ....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
skylr616

[ Edited ]

syndr0m wrote:

bump!

Same problems.

Please forward to MS.

Thanks.

The issue is that the built-in Xbox Music app has the ability to FFW and RW but the Nokia Music app does not. You are probably using the Nokia Music app normally but the controls in the lock screen are actually tied back to the built-in Xbox Music app. The way they both seem to be working at the same time can be very confusing.

The media support in Windows Phone 8 is easily among th worst I've seen on any device supposedly capable of playing media... no seek bar?!? no FFW or RW in video at all?!? complete lack of basic audiobook support ?!?! It is all a little baffling.

There are rumors of a big update to WP8 in the first quarter of 2013. "audio improvements" is listed specifically but that could mean anything at this point. Our only hope for a quick fix is an update to Nokia's music app (and/or a 3rd party app on the market...).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hey guys,

Always welcome to leave feedback with Microsoft directly at the link: http://windowsphone.uservoice.com

I can say too that the audio issues haven't quite resolved themselves, and that the rumoured update will hopefully address a lot of these issues. I still get the forgotten equaliser settings, one out of ten times rather than 8 or 9 times out of ten like it was before. Did it again this morning, completely off the rails with the settings
Please use plain text.
euclid920

My purchased songs via Nokia Music are skipping on the Lumia 920 as if I have a scratched disc or as if this app is not independent of any background apps running. All apps are up-to-date. I noticed also that there's no continuous play from song to song. But it's not as aggrevating as having to listen to a song on its 2nd loop skip. Upon purchasing the Lumia 920 I've purchased 4 songs total and don't plan to purchase another until this problem is fixed in the next release of either Music player. If there's another music player out there for the Windows 8 phone please share. Until then I will continue using my iPhone 4GS for music. I never had this problem with my Nokia N95.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Sorry to hear the problems you are having, have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling Nokia Music, or if that doesn't work, then to perform a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates)? AFAIK, the Xbox music or Nokia Music have gapless playback, and there are no third-party music players in the Store at present that have this feature.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yedgar

I find when scrolling through songs the album pics often lag though the song starts fine. Sometimes when pressing the play button there can also be a delay of 1-2 seconds to start song and open the album image. My Samsung Focus WP 7 and 7.5 always played music promptly and smoothly. I am very surprised with Lumia's lagginess. Otherwise music plays just fine though there have been a couple of occasions when a song I downloaded would not play properly, but it cleared itself up. Because my Samsung Focus was so smooth and responsive, I am finding the 'feel' of the Lumia is sometimes not quite as smooth and snappy.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raghav210485

Hi,

I have purchased Nokia lumia 920 recently. I am disappointed to find a music player that is so lacking in basic feature. No volume control and equalizer in the player.

I also found a bug that volume control key does not work dynamically for the music player. Whenever I change the volume, the next song is played with the selected volume. Shouldn't volume control be realtime on the song being played!!!

Nokia is betting its survival on numia and W8 and to find such bugs in a basic feature as a music player is really apalling. Are you serious about surviving the competition?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

The equalizer is available in the Audio settings. If you need to have it in the player so you can constantly fiddle with it for each track then you seriously need to reconsider your music sources if they are with such inconsistent quality.

For me the volume changes in real time in each track, maybe you need to try a soft reset - shut the phone down by pressing Power and Volume Down button at the same time. You should not lose any data.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
skylr616

[ Edited ]

If you turn on volume normalization (Audio Leveling, in Audio Settings) and use the physical volume buttons you should be ok as far as song-to-song audio levels...

Unfortunately the big update they released recently did not really add much as far as audio player features. We still lack a seek bar and have no way to FFW/RW through streaming video. There is still no rudimentary audiobook support... all very disappointing. On the up-side... they improved picture clarity just in time for my twins birth. I don't need to lug around my DSLR all the time now ;P

Please use plain text.

volume

[ Edited ]

Hey, i have different problem. Music plays quitly for me.  Volume from 1 to 30 doesn't even change.  It's only for nokia music, media player.  Games, youtube and so on volume is fine. What is the problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: volume

hi mate,

have you tried performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates)?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
666_BOBO

have done a hard reset and even a soft one. But still... Even after all this. My Lumia 920's Music Player is so buggy that i have to use,my Apple iPhone 5 for Music. I am very disappointed Nokia, as it is your company is in serious jeopardy but still you don't even fix the most basic functions for which you are known for. NOKIA .. The worlds first Xpress Music Phone Maker ! Either fix these issue or im sorry, but me and all of my friends will switch to android once again. We are healthy people both economically and humanly, so don't think that we can't kick out your phones and use others. Because even a 0.15 % fall in your Sales will cause a serious fall in front of Samsung and Apple. Face it, N95, N71,1100,5800 Xpress Music and N8 were the best phones you have ever made.
Even a lay man will say... Nokia don't destroy NOKIA ! (If you know what i mean).
I miss the real Nokia so much.
Nokia Lumia 920 -> 9.5/10.
But NSeries -> 10/10.
Its just sad.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

if you are still experiencing problems with your device after a hard reset, i suggest you take your phone to Nokia Care for inspection: http://nokia.com/support
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Guyk

Hi I just bought the nokia lumia 620 and its seems to be working fine , but occasionally when I'm on Nokia music ( my songs ) , the sound coming it of the speaker is so low and fuzzy but game sound is fine and text sound etc and when u turn the volume up its starts the same but when I turn my phone of then back on its fine again , and I've tried soft restarting but it still does it occasionally , is there something wrong with my phone ???? Help please
Please use plain text.
gautham8219

I agree. Initially I had a problem with the music player too. You have to understand that it functions a little different. If you play a song from the "Artist" or the "Album" tabs, the player won't skip to the next song when it is over. You have to play songs from the "Songs" tab for this to happen. When you do this, you will see the titles of the next two songs just above the seek bar. You can just slide the album art left or right to play the next or the previous song respectively. Or you can just press the next button.

As far as the fast forward is concerned, you just need to press and hold the next button on the screen.

I believe this solves your issue?

Gautama.K.V.S.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
doratos

Hi every one.....I love Nokia lumia 920 and love Nokia at all hoping getting better by time.

I faced the same problem with my music in lumia 920 as i can close it after closing the app it still running when you press the vloume key up or down.

I found a software called fastsetting in the store which is very easy to close the music after exist the music.

Try it and tell me.

Thanks

Please use plain text.