Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 925 Car Charging

TheDonCymru

Lumia 925 Car Charging

I use my Lumia 925 in the car as a GPS. I power it using a car charger but have noticed that even though the phone is plugged in and the charging icon is showing, using Here Drive + causes the battery to discharge. In a 2 hour journey I can use as much as 40% of the battery.

Even if the phone is not running any apps, it still charges very slowly, on a 90 minute drive I only managed to charge by about 10%. I currently use a Nokia DC-6 car charger but prior to this I have used a couple of generic chargers. I have experienced the same issue with all three chargers.

Is there a problem with all of the chargers (is there some in-car fast charger I could use instead) ? Is there an issue with my particular phone or are the power demands of the phone simply too high for an in-car charger to keep up ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

The DC-6 has an output of only 550mA. Your AC charger is at least 1A (1000mA), if not 1.3A (1300mA), so you can see why your handset is losing battery charge under heavy use with a charger supplying just about 50% of the required charge.

You would need a charger with at least 1A output, something like the DC-17 from Nokia for example. The DC-20 gives you 2 outputs with 1A each if you need to charge something else at the same time.

Please use plain text.
TheDonCymru

Thank you, that explains everything

Please use plain text.