Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Lumia 925 constantly freezing up

beliali

Lumia 925 constantly freezing up

Hello!

I'm a new fellow nokia & windows phone user and I got my first ever windows phone a few months back which was a Lumia 925. It came with wp 8.0 out of the box, i believe (or updated to it straight after turning on) and worked fine until the 8.1 came out and now my phone freezes mostly once per day. I usually leave it on standby somewhere, then come back to check it and i cant unlock it. If I had the clock thing on the idle screen then I could see the last time it was alive.. 
I just do a soft reset (power + volume down buttons for ~10secs) and it works fine again, but its getting pretty annoying. I havent missed a morning alarm due to this yet, but i feel like its gonna happen one day :smileyhappy:

Anyhow, has anyone had similar issues or know how to fix them? I'd really appreciate any advice.

:squint:

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Considering it only started after the update, I would suggest a hard reset from settings>about>reset your phone. Make sure you backup anything you need before hand. 

beliali

wouldn't that downgrade back to 8.0 and then result in the same thing after i update to 8.1 again? O.o
Mobile Guru
93tid

A hard reset does NOT change/downgrade/roll back your firmware.

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

No, resetting will not downgrade the OS.