Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 928 -- Is the Lock Up Problem Fixed?

Counsellor
saberman

Lumia 928 -- Is the Lock Up Problem Fixed?

I had to send my Lumia 822 back to Verizon Wireless because it would randomly lock up.  Has that problem been fixed for the Lumia 928 that was released today on Verizon Wireless or do I have to wait until the patch due out this summer before ordering one?

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Lumia 928 -- Is the Lock Up Problem Fixed?

As the device has only been launched there is no reports as yet so we will have to wait and see.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Counsellor
saberman

I realize this is a user discussion group but I was hoping that someone might have something from Nokia about it.

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

As I said the phone is just released TODAY so we await feedback.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Counsellor
saberman

And as I said I am not expecting anyone to report on their experience with the phone.  I was hoping that someone had gotten information from Nokia about the problem.  That is not feedback -- that is a statement from the company that the problem has been fix for the Lumia 928.  They have said -- or at least someone from Nokia has posted -- that a software fix was expected sometime this summer for the other Nokia Windows phones.  Unless Nokia states that the problem was solved for the Lumia 928 it is reasonable to wait until the summer patch is rolled out before getting one.

Registered Member
MarineDawg

Being unaware of a lock up issue I am going to say no.  Right now the only reponsive portion of my 928 is the power button and volum keys (since the phone is locked I can not attest to the camera key)  The screen is unresponsive, as well as the back, windows and search keys.  Needless to say I am extremely happy.

Mobile Visionary
garym11

The 928 will run a different firmware that the 822 because of the SD card slot. A firmware update for the 822 would not be useable on the 928. The 928 is very close to the 920. I have a 920 on AT&T and have received two updates so far. There would be no reason in my mind to wait.  My phone has never locked up.

Counsellor
saberman

The problem has been reported on the 920 as well -- searcj the web.  It does not affect the majority of phones -- just a few lucky ones.  It is not likely to be firmware as it affects significantly different models.  Actually, let me clarify that.  There is a portion of the firmware that is hardware specific.  There is also a portion that boots the OS and there is the OS.  The summer update is probably to the OS not to the hardware portion of the firmware.

If your phone does not experience a lock up in the first week it is unlikely to have the problem.

We should know in the next few weeks as the 928 rolls out if it also has the same problem.

MarvinMcKinley

I picked up my Nokia 928 on 5-16-13 in Loveland, Colorado  and it worked perfect for about 16 days and it locked up in the off position and I couldn't get it started, took it to one Verizon  outlet in outskirts of Louisville, Ky. and she couldn't get it started and called a tech and they couldn't get it to start by holding the switch and clicking the volume switch.  Had to take it to a main store and they couldn't get it to function so exchanged phone for me.  I was very pleased with the service and I had everything backed up so I didn't lose all of my pictures I had taken of Distillery tours, Louisville Slugger tour, Old Town Bardstown etc. so I was quite happy.  While driving from Bardstown to Little Rock, Arkansas it locked up in the on position and I was a little frustrated and then thought about holding the switch down and clicking the volume bar and presto, it all started working again.  I wish they could take care of this glitch.  I can live with this small glitch until they get a fix but what a great fantastic piece of equipment this Nokia 928 is.

Counsellor
saberman

That is one of the problems with having a sealed battery -- you can't force the phone to reboot by removing the battery and then plugging it back in.

Contributor
MobileGeek42

I have had my 928 since the launch date. I have had it lock up on me several times now, and it has been worse since I received the latest update of the OS. It locked up twice yesterday when I was trying to record video. It also got to a point where it would not record anything anymore. I would hit record and the timer would not move, even though it looked like it was recording. I thought it might be a space issue, but I still had 5GB of free space left.

I haven't been to Verizon yet, but I am thinking I may have to make a trip. I missed recording my daughters dance recital because of the phone, so that has me rethinking whether to buy Nokia again. But there aren't many high end Windows phone options out there.

Registered Member
noki928

Am on my second 928 current phone has locked up twice including this mourning when I first turned it on. Microsoft stores been very helpful in support including replacing first phone because of lockup issue. Have been able to unlock current phone by two button (volume / power) hold down for 10 seconds or so. Phone works fine after reset. Minor inconvenience compared to all good I get from phone...really like it, thinking about getting Nokia 6 inch. Hope the glitch fixed soon as I want to support Nokia Microsoft.
Registered Member
noki928

When resetting phone, must hold two buttons down until u feel vibration activation and see "NOKIA" appear on screen. Have seem some on utube holding down until the "slide down to power off" displayed. The screen will still be unresponsive, must keep buttons pushed in until u feel vibration activate. Has worked well the times I have had to reset my 928 Fix the glitch nokia so ur phones will be perfect
Registered Member
MER66

This worked for me. Thanks!