Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Lumia Comparisons

Counsellor
maninred
Accepted Solution

Lumia Comparisons

Hi Experts & Nokia Lovers,

I did my research and comparison of Lumia 710 with the following:

1) Samsung Galaxy S Duos

2) HTC Desire X

3) HTC One V

4) HTC Desire V

5) Sony Xperios Go / U

Lumia beats the above in most of the things except for two main points

1) battery is very low - so do i have to carry a portable charger always? not looking good. 

does anyone can tell if atleast - althougth batt power is low, does it get charge Faster??

2) 710 doesnt seem to support Adobe Flash.

these are the main points that would bother for an average user

please comments

best Regards

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

1) My wife had a 710 and the battery life was far better than her previous device which was a HTC Desire S. Obviously it's difficult to compare based on everyone's unique usage.

2) Adobe themselves have discontinued development of flash for mobile devices, even on future Androids. Many mobile websites will continue to phase flash out as the year goes on.

With the 710 being over a year old now you may want to consider newer WP8 models like the Lumia 820 or Lumia 620. Whilst they don't support flash they are better all round due to the new operating system.

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Not really sure what by "battery is very low". It is not always right just to compare just the battery capacity as different phones and operating systems have defferent battery demands. What I will say is in my experience with the 710, the battery lasted me 2-3 days, which is the norm for me regardless of phone I use, with the exception of 2 HTC's, which I had to charge every night. If you have a problem with the battery life of the 710 then you are just as likely to have the same problem with any of the others on your list. 

The charging rate is the same for any given charger of a specific output rating so in theory the smaller the battery capacity, the faster it should charge, with the same charger.

It is not that the Lumia does not suport Flash. The actual situation is Adobe themselves have stopped develoment work on Flash. They are no longer developing Flash for new platforms and platforms updates. The same will apply to the updates to Android post V4.3 I think it is.  Flash is effectively obsolete and replaced by HTML5. Soon no new phone with the latest OS versions will have Flash support.  

Counsellor
maninred

hey Experts,

thanks for a lot for ur reply.

hows the Camera in 710. does it picture it well & clear - without any blurr while zooming it??

and i have to go for 710 - than 620 or 820. becoz 710 has a better CPU and 820 is way costly for me.

Counsellor
maninred

@ Mobile Emperor::

What is the main features that i should go for WP8 .i need to know, so that i can decide better.

620's config is lower when compared to 710...and i agree 820 is better. but its more costlier than 710.

so if i can know the main differences, advantages of WP8 over WP7.8 - then i will be able to decide :smileyhappy:

Many thanks

psychomania wrote:

1) My wife had a 710 and the battery life was far better than her previous device which was a HTC Desire S. Obviously it's difficult to compare based on everyone's unique usage.

2) Adobe themselves have discontinued development of flash for mobile devices, even on future Androids. Many mobile websites will continue to phase flash out as the year goes on.

With the 710 being over a year old now you may want to consider newer WP8 models like the Lumia 820 or Lumia 620. Whilst they don't support flash they are better all round due to the new operating system.

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

620 has a bigger screen, dualcore CPU and the same amount of memory plus SD storage. A better GFX processor and IE10. And there's more.

Compare the two here.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..