Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Lumia Storage Check Beta

Mobile Overlord
farby

Lumia Storage Check Beta

Lumia users having problem with the Storage Check application may try the Lumia Storage Check Beta application from HERE . It also has some more functionalities / features than the one received thru’ the 1308 update

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

This beta also brings the ability to store maps on the SD card which is very nice!

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Mobile Overlord
farby

As per the Application Overview..

Lumia Storage Check beta can be used to show a detailed breakdown of the phone memory usage and do something about it. The app shows you an overview and details on the second page, including space taken by:

• Apps - with app data included and sorted by size on further detail page
  • NEW: Maps - you can now manage maps from here and store them on SD card if your device has one
  • Temporary files - temp files created by the system, some of which can be deleted with the
  • Photos
  • Music
  • NEW: Videos shown separately
  • Office docs (including OneNote notebooks, copies of docs accessed from SharePoint and SkyDrive)
  • Email+contacts
  • Ringtones
  • System (fixed, usually 1.9 GB)
  • Other (this includes stuff that user has little control over)

But

..Music+ Videos still appearing combined ..Already reported at Beta Labs

Does anyone getting it Separately as mentioned ?

Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Same here. Music+Videos are shown together, not separately.

Mobile Overlord
farby

Response from Beta Labs ...

Sage
songoku777

here's a BEFORE and AFTER status of my "other" folder, after i installed then ran storage check.

considering the additional fotos i took, additional programs i installed and others in the interim.. from 797.48mb, storage check was able to save me 105mb. not bad than not being able to salvage anything at all :squint:

Contributor
RonRequired

Why is the Lumia 810 not enabled to use this?
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

Try to download the Lumia pusher on your 810.

then swipe over to beta versions and install the Lumia storage check beta.

note: you have to have firmware version 1308.0000 and higher for storage check

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-au/store/app/lumia-pusher/492cccf5-6352-4c77-8e5f-fd267bcddafb

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Mobile Overlord
farby

ceroberts75 wrote:
Try to download the Lumia pusher on your 810.

then swipe over to beta versions and install the Lumia storage check beta.

note: you have to have firmware version 1308.0000 and higher for storage check

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-au/store/app/lumia-pusher/492cccf5-6352-4c77-8e5f-fd267bcddafb

..May have to wait a little longer as mentioned in the Attachment ..