Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Memory card for Nokia Lumia 520

Contributor
bollyrhymes
Accepted Solution

Memory card for Nokia Lumia 520

Hello friends,

I recently purchased Nokia Lumia 520 and loving every bit of it. The space is bit low (8 gb) so I decided to add microSD card.

After searching online I have liked this one: Sandisk 32gb Ultra Class 10 Mobile Micro SD Memory Card Bill 5 Year Plus Adapter

Nokia helpcare said that if I want to buy 32 GB card, it should be class 10 UHS1 type. So I guess the above mentioned model will serve the purpose?

Will the card be compatible? Also he said that 16 GB class 6 HS microSD would be good for my phone. Please suggest.

I also wanted to ask that is there no way that apps to install on mem card? Does this lead to compatibility issue or this feature can come in future?

Thank You,

Shashank

Offtopic: I have experience in .Net using C# and wanted to develop apps for windows phone but I can not find the dev tools (SDK) for the same. Since my system is x86 and the setup requiring x64 machine it failed to install. Are there any alternatives.

Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Memory card for Nokia Lumia 520

[ Edited ]

The Max. size it supports is 64 GB and as far as the Class goes, a Class 10 SD Card will be an overkill. Go for Class 6

..and there is no way to install applications on the MC.

BTW, you should be able to store the Maps (Data) on the MC using THIS application ..You may use the same credentials that you use on this Forum to log-in at the Nokia BetaLabs site  ..

Contributor
bollyrhymes

Thanks for the reply :smileyhappy:

By overkill does it mean that it will not be compatible? As I mentioned in my first post, Nokia helcare personal recommended me class 10 card if going for 32 GB else class 6 or 4 card for 16/8 GB models.

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Class 4-6 is ideal the class 10 will cause problems.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Contributor
bollyrhymes

ok thanks

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Your welcome.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520