Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Move data from old S60 phone to lumia 900

Counsellor
dahaka7
Accepted Solution

Move data from old S60 phone to lumia 900

[ Edited ]

Hi

My phone is a Nokia N97 which I've been using for a couple of years. I recently bought a Lumia 900 and I need a way to copy my old phone's contacts, calender, messages and notes to my new Lumia 900.

Is there a utility that automatically sync my old S60 phone with my new Lumia? Can this be done manually? Can someone guide me please?!!

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Re: Move data from old S60 phone to lumia 900

Hi dahaka7,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this link > "What type of data can I transfer from my old phone to my new Nokia with Windows Phone?".

Hope this helps!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Counsellor
dahaka7

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the link, not sure how I missed it, guess it solves my contacts and calendar issues. I still dont get how I'm able to transfer my notes and messages. It says:

"Other content on your old phone

You can use the appropriate software to store your text and multimedia messages, notes, browser bookmarks, and DRM protected music and videos and their licenses on your computer."

What appropriate software is it talking about?? Do they mean OVI or Nokia Suite? It only states that I can copy them to my PC, how am I suppose to transfer those to my new phone??

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Yes you can use Nokia Suite to do that. Unfortunately it is not possible to get them to your Lumia 900 using official Nokia tools. I have listed the tools used to sync/backup the Lumia 900 below. 

For the Lumia 900 the sync/bakcup process is as follows:

Synchronise your media files to Zune, other data to SkyDrive and contacts and calendar to the Windows Live account. Please be aware that you cannot synchronise/backup text messages.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.