Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

My Nokia Lumia will not turn on

Registered Member
askme95

My Nokia Lumia will not turn on

Hi can someone help me I brought my nokia lumia 800 not long ago and today i turnt it off after it freezing when i selected a song i wanted to listen to ... i then tried to turn it back on and it wouldnt so i tried all of the below options what else can i do !!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: My Nokia Lumia will not turn on

What options did you try?

User Guide options

Warning: This erases all the personal content in the phone, including apps that have been purchased and downloaded (may be re-downloaded again), and restores the factory settings.
Option 1: About menu
Use this option if you know the password.
This option warns about data loss.
Tap Settings > About > reset your phone.
Option 2: Hardware key combination
Use this option if you forget or lose the password.
Use this option if the phone fails to fully switch on when pressing the power on key.
Note: No warning about data loss!
Follow next steps to perform OS reset with the key combination.
Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8
Step 1
Make sure the charger is disconnected.
1. Switch the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if succeed an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.
(To cancel OS reset and exit to the normal mode, press the Volume Down + Power Key and hold them for 15 seconds).
Step 2
Then input Keys in the following order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down
Step 3
The phone will reset and boot up automatically. Please note that this may take several minutes.
Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 7
Make sure the charger is disconnected.
1. Switch the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and Camera keys.
3. Press and hold the Power key.
4. When the phone vibrates, release the power key, but continue holding the volume down and camera keys, until the phone reboots.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.