Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

NOKIA LUMIA 520 Camera Button is not Working :(

Contributor
sRUjan21
Accepted Solution

NOKIA LUMIA 520 Camera Button is not Working :(

Hello , I bought my Nokia Lumia 520 2 days ago,I didn't checked product at the priority store as i trust nokia,but that was the big mistake i did, i came home and keep on checking all the features and every thing is superfine,but what i found is camera button is not working, i removed panel and tried to press directly but failed :smileysad:, So i went to nokia priority store and the shop guy said that he wll replace the phone but it takes  1 week for replacement, i didn't understand what he will do in this week ? Will he really give me a new piece or just repairs it ?

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: NOKIA LUMIA 520 Camera Button is not Working :(

If the phone is faulty especially within two days it should be replaced on the spot,maybe he had none in stock?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
VKSVizag

same problem with me yaar.....it is not working from the date of purchasing ..what shoul I do?

Registered Member
jithunath

my lumia 520 camera button not working .bought yesterday.nokia having some hardware problem here.hoping that they will replace my phone .tommorow going to contact costummer care

Contributor
sRUjan21

As you brought your phone yesterday , just go to the store where you bought the phone and ask for spot replacement,
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Lads if your phone is not working 100% and return to point of purchase as mentioned above in my last post.

Bear in mind the store may not or may have stock in store.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Contributor
sRUjan21

Finally i got replacement for my lumia 520  :thumbsup:

Contributor
stevehuy

I got same problems, and many Lumia 520 I tested in Nokia store have same problem, it is a mainboard problem (see picture attched), I think Nokia not have good quality control team. what a shame ! I don't want to repair my phone just after purchased.

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Well done as expected sRUjan21.
@stevehuy as mentioned above return device,sadly these things can happen and it will be fixed.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Registered Member
kanhavaibhav

i have the same problem,i got the phone yestarday within two hrs i realised that the camera button is not working so i went to the shop to replace it and they did that but the replaced phone has the same problem too.i guess they have this problem with all the nokia 520 phones,also they have a battery and over heating problem.nokia sucks and this is the worst nokia phone ever.they should call it back and compensate the people

Registered Member
soni52

u said it....  My first Nokia phone- lumia 520.  Camera button not working & the phone overheats. **bleep** phone:smileyfrustrated:

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

@kanhavaibhav Its possible there is a bad batch,so return device for replacement,to say nokia sucks over such an issue is OTT.

@soni52 Return device to point of purchase .

Now using the Lumia 1520
Registered Member
oyez

m having same problem camera button not working properly and when i contact the shop from where i have purchase they told no replacement is possible and asked to contact nokia care just bought the mobile one day past 

Registered Member
joemXx

Same problem here, but mine took a week bfore that button stoppd working, and i guess its imposible for them to give me a replacement now, damn i didnt not expect that issue ,.. I'll try to bring my 520 to thier care i hope they know what to do, sigh...
Registered Member
GDV1

Folks,

I bought a Lumia 520 on 15th April 2013.  All of a suddent for last 3 days the camera button seem to loose its functionality.  Visited the nokia care center today and i was told that the set needs to be packed to main center in Noida/Gurgoan.  With no options left I have given my approval for the same.  Hoping for a healthy phone to reach me back in say around 20 days time.  

Registered Member
v167506

Same problem here.. Bought the mobile on 26th may 2013 and found the camera button not working after 3 days minimal usage. I have not taken more than 3 pictures.. It seems like this is a common problem.
Mobile Guru
93tid

v167506 wrote:
Same problem here.. Bought the mobile on 26th may 2013 and found the camera button not working after 3 days minimal usage. I have not taken more than 3 pictures.. It seems like this is a common problem.

Common problem with a generally common solution - remove back cover and reinsert carefully making sure the tabs in the cover match exactly the little buttons underneath.

Anand98

Same problem. Camera button not working. I have tried every thing, still no use. I brought it on 28th June 2013, can I get it replaced (not repaired) ? Please help.
WP 8 - YOU SUCK!!!
Mobile Overlord
farby

Anand98 wrote:
Same problem. Camera button not working. I have tried every thing, still no use. I brought it on 28th June 2013, can I get it replaced (not repaired) ? Please help.

You need to check with the Retailer or Dealer from where you bought the Phone..If they accept for a replacement, Fine.. Else you need to visit Nokia Care

Registered Member
Stifan

[ Edited ]

93tid wrote:
Common problem with a generally common solution - remove back cover and reinsert carefully making sure the tabs in the cover match exactly the little buttons underneath.

As 93tid says, for me at least, it was an easy fix.

I removed the back cover and tested that the case (external) camera button worked and has movement, it did. I then tried pressing in the internal camera button with my finger nail - it clicked it and out and worked successfully.

So it was just a line up issue - when I replaced the case I put it on from the side instead... camera/power button side going down and in first making sure the case buttons were lined up with the internal ones.

All working fine now.