Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: New Update – Battery still shows ?

Counsellor
EoAssassin

I could not continue using my phone as I hard-reset it and found that it reinstalled to ... 8107. So I was stuck with the same LIST of bugs:

- 88% max battery

- battery level highly unstable (-50% for 5 seconds but enough to shut the phone down at 50%)

- a"?" for the battery icon

- 7h hours of battery life

I took it to a Nokia Care center and am now waiting for it to be replaced (i don't think Nokia will try to repair it as it seems to be the worst Lumia they will diagnose...). the NCare told me that it should take appx 10 days. Hoping to get a better phone.

I'll give you more updates when i'll get the phone back.

NOTE: I did not mention that the silicon case was DAMAGED out of the box (the rubber around the camera button is streched).

Contributor
Will90

I have the same problem. After latest update there is "?" inside the battery. Are there any news about that?

Registered Member
scott488

Same problem here, rang Nokia UK and they insist that it gets sent for repair.

I persuaded wife to get this phone as I have a WP7, now all I get is earache because this phone isn't lasting her a day.

Tried all updates and resetting the phone but ? still showing.

Not happy to say the very least

Contributor
albertodall

Same issues, and no hanges after the latest firmware upgrade.

I brought my Lumia into a Nokia Care Point for a substitution.

I'm from italy.

I'm very disappointed with Nokia!

Counsellor
EoAssassin

After 2 weeks (15 days exactly), i have gotten my phone back. I have 1,5 days of battery with 3G now which is 6 times what i had before.

All other issues (like "?" icon, random battery value, max charge at 88%) are now fixed.

I have backed up the phone and will keep the backup file safe if i have issues in the future...

Hope it will run as intended from now on.

Advisor
rhuijgen

[ Edited ]

I have the same experience after they replaced my defective unit (? as battery status).

With WiFi and 3G on, and syncing 3 mailboxes (1 Exchange, 1 Office365 and 1 Hotmail on the setting ‘when items arrive’). I now get around 1,5 days of battery life with moderate to heavy use (browsing, playing a game of wordfeud, etc)

I’m now very satisfied with my Lumia 800

@EoAssassin: now did you backup your phone? What tool did you use?

Registered Member
binleigh

So the issue appears to be a hardware one (whether UK and being fobbed off or not)....
I'll attempt to return my phone for a replacement as the upgrade did nothing (it wasn't even mentioned in the fixes).
Sage
kinaton

What firmware Version and hardware version do you have, as a matter of interest..

Revision hardware: 112.1402.2.3 is what I have any gets poor battery life.. I am wondering if the Revision hardware: 112.1402.2.4 is a fixed model!

anyone?

Sage
kinaton

Yep.. I think its as a hardware issue...

Would be interested to see what people have as as firmware/hardware versions.