Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487....

Contributor
AndrewUK

Re: New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487.8107.12070)

I don't know twrist,it was just there when I logged into Zune. Didn't have to do anything other than accept the update!
Professor
kevgallacher

I'm on three and still no update.

Has anyone got the update on the three network?

Counsellor
piran

[ Edited ]

Nope. I assume that my monthly £15 AllYouCanEat data voucher

will be last on the updater lists. It was for both the New Year's

so-called battery updaters which were 'provided' later than I

had expected and only after I'd 'renewed' the monthly voucher.

Or is that being unfairly cynical of the kindness of THREE?

Counsellor
SH4RKY

[ Edited ]

Are there any issues with this update?

My phone tells me I can update but I'm unsure if I should bother; my phone behaves itself rather well at the moment, I don't want to jinx it! (never restarted, all calls end, battery life is fine etc).

But if its nothing but positives, I'll give it a go.  Can you revert back?  Is there any convoluted technique to this one like the last (reset, reinstall etcetc?  or just let it update from zune???

Advisor
NameNotFound

Russia, black, no brand, Beeline. No update.
Contributor
Chriso89

[ Edited ]
1 day and 10 hours standby is not good at all. Becuse thats when i dont touch it, Wih ormal usage i still have 2 charge it twice a day ehere my iphone would last the whole day and more Now deleted all the live tiles and revoved diagnostics. Hope it helps
Advisor
joe_hensonn

[ Edited ]

@SH4RKY: it doubled (or more) my battery life and improved the music player sound. yes it's definitely worth it.

kklumia

The battery life seems to be drained slower after a reboot.. mine is still 1600.2483.8106.11500, the phone could last for 3 days if I don't play it much.. I don't know why, but guess the CPU keeps running at a high speed even closed all the running applications, so powering off and then on again would stop the battery drain by putting the CPU back to normal..
aurelboaca

As far as i know when an update is available it should appear on the site at support section but that didn't happened. I check every day for the new update on nokia support site to see if i can update my phone. I'm checking it 3 or 4 times per day but nothing. When will we have the update. I'm using a tim nokia lumia 800 bought in italy and running on romanian carrier. Untill now i got all the updates after 2 or 3 days after uk, but now.... Nothing. All I want to know when will the new update be posted on nokia uk support site. please i want to use my phone at the maximum but i cant.

Advisor
andm

Has anyone got this update on a sim-free phone in the UK yet? I see it is announced here but not mentioned on the main support site.

Advisor
Kravex

andm wrote:

Has anyone got this update on a sim-free phone in the UK yet? I see it is announced here but not mentioned on the main support site.

Yes got it just over a week ago, connect your phone to your laptop and install Zune or Mac option and it should install.

Don't worry or bother looking for it on the main support site, you can only download it via Zune (or Mac option) anyway.

Nokia Lumia 800 owner
Advisor
andm

Hi Kravex thanks for your reply. I tried both Mac and Zune and also resetting my phone but no luck! Maybe my phones just from an unlucky batch number and I'll have to wait?

My phone says it's running 1600.2475.7720.11414 which seems quite old?

Counsellor
SH4RKY

Gonna be honest.... I cant hear the Difference in audio (Grado SR80s) but then im not sure my phone had a problem to start with in that respect.

As for battery, in 3G it will still drop 2.5% an hour, so pretty much the same as before. Havent tested 2G yet, but I hope it will be the 0.5% I was getting before the update! :smileyhappy:
Sage
liolisac

I am also waiting for my update. I have Germany based unlocked branded T-mobile black Lumia 800.

But I can at least wait as my battery can easy stand for 2 whole days to get to 20% left of the battery so that is very good for me. During the night 8 hours of not using it losses only 5-6% so I think that is also good.

But my problem is ending calls, I moved from Slovenia to Spain and with slovenian sim card everything was fine but here with spanish sim card I can`t end calls and that is something that botters me a lot. When I see "ending" on my screen I would just trow it to the wall...everythink I can do to lower my costs is to turn of my phone the same second and turn it on again...does somebody know maybe easyer way to end it until my update is here...

Advisor
RunSub

Nothing so far on 02 with a cyan Limua 800 - Are different colours having to wait? & if so why?

Counsellor
piran

Nokia told me to call my ISP (THREE).

I called THREE. When they told me to call Nokia I complained.

After complaining I asked for my complaint to be escalated

and for a manager to call me.

A THREE manager just called me with information from the

testing and development team. This firmware update has

not yet reached the United Kingdom and when it does it

will have to be tested. Only then will it be available for d/l.

I suggested to THREE's manager that they should take the

opportunity to be a bit more proactive and to use their ISP

status and position to SMS this information to their ever

faithful customers to avert this continued exasperation

rank annoyance and frustration currently being aimed

*AT* THREE ...when it would appear that it seems that

it is Nokia currently at fault.

I have obtained prior permission from that THREE manager

to perpetrate this intention... It remains to be seen whether

she takes me up on my suggestion.

fellesh

Still no update..not via Zune, nor the phone..
I am with Tele2, from Sweden..

I am a bit sad..forever nokia fan, i hoped this would be thd best gadget ever to buy...but eith this slow updates, I regret it a bit.
Contributor
sontianurag

I am on Three UK as well and I keep checking for the updates every few hours even though i know how to force update the phone. But after reading your message I lost hope in the update being released, as you said they told you the update has not reachen Uk and when it reaches they have to test it and then release it to the customers. 

So i had nothing to do but force update the phone. I just did it. Music quality improved significantly will start testing the phone now. Will let you know about the performance soon. 

Counsellor
piran

I hear you and you should not have been put in that invidious position.

Shame on you Nokia/THREE. I intend to go by the book if only for the

sake of averting future update [sic] fiascos:-| Good luck sontianurag;-)

Contributor
LeoDM

this is ridiculous.
I did the upgrade for the FW 12 070 and the battery goes bad.

The phone in standby, the battery lasts an average of 24 hours. all in OFF, mode to conserve battery power.

I just send some SMS 5 minutes and lost 5% of the battery.

does not exist another solution for this?

hugs

PS: sorry for my english.