Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

No Power Key - How To Identify Model - In Chinese!

Contributor
antwerp
Accepted Solution

No Power Key - How To Identify Model - In Chinese!

My wife has a Nokia Lumia 710. We think. She's got it all set up in Chinese. Left it with me to fix. The problem is she can't sent text messages. I can't read Chinese.

When I go to trouble shoot I download the manual and straightaway find much mention of the 'power key' at the top of the machine. This one has no such key. This one has a little round hole and then a sort of mini usb and then a larger hole.

Seems to me it must be something other than a nokia 710 but I don't know how to find out what it is. It certainly looks like one in every other respect.

And I need to be able to switch it to English.

I can't even get it to keep a display on for any length of time. There's a sort of green upside down 'U' at the bottom on the left and a red one on the right. Pressing those gets me a display with a white box at the bottom (with some chinese writing in it) and pressing that gets me a display with eight icons and a list at top with 1. Virgin Mobile and 2. Sim written there.

What is this phone?

How can I put it in English so's I can come to grips with it?

How to fix this won't send text problem?

:smileyhappy:

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: No Power Key - How To Identify Model - In Chinese!

Sounds like its a chinese knock off, not a Nokia. Can you post a photo of it so that we can confirm it?
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

There is no Windows Phones with dual SIM which this sounds like it is. You can dial *#06# to get the IMEI number, then contact Nokia Care here through the 'contact us' link. If it's an S40 or Symbian phone dialling *#0000# should bring up the information page for the phone where you might find additional information. If there is a 'RM-xxx' number there let us know and we might be able to tell you what phone it is.

Also downloading and installing Nokia Suite would tell you what phone you are connecting through USB if it's a Nokia phone (but not a Windows Phone model)

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Contributor
antwerp

[ Edited ]

Well I can't download and install anything because I can't use it until I get it into English or some instructions capable of walking me through while it's in Chinese.

I doubt it is a chinese copy. It was bought locally through main street dealers. I've taken pics and I'll put them in the computer and post them if you really want them.

I don't know how to dial #0000# so I just input the numbers and pressed the little 'green stool' there. Up popped a window say 'Sim 1'  and that's it...

Same when I tried dialling #06#.  Quite probably I'm doing something wrong.

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

That's *#06# and *#0000#

And Nokia Suite is for your PC, not the phone, It will tell you what phone you connect to the PC using a USB cable when you do..

Your phone is a C2-03 or a C2-06, not a Lumia 710, here's the user manual.

If the phone is not yet setup try dialling *#7370# followed by (if asked for) security code 12345

This will reset the phone to defaults erasing all user data and if Chinese is not the default language it generally goes to English. You can also go to settings (MENU-> cogwheel icon) and try options there to find the language settings.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Contributor
antwerp

[ Edited ]

Ah yes, that did it - not sharp enough, didn't see those asterisks..

Well I got all this info:

c2 - 03
v07.48
RM-702
(c) nokia
variant:00.00
virtual variant:
No virtual variant.

Language
V07.48
23-02-12
(c) Nokia
T

IMEI
advised to remove
IMEI2
advised to remove

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

You might want to remove the IMEI numbers there..

---

Contributor
antwerp

O.K., thanks. I've removed them. We thought it was a 710 because that's the little concertina 'quick guide' we got with it - or that's all I can find around anyway...
Thanks for your help. I'll flag yours as 'accept as solution' and chase up Nokia about the can't send text - hopefully after attempting a send myself once the phone is in English..
:smileyhappy: