Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Lumia 510 and Windows Phone 8

Registered Member
Arjunv
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 510 and Windows Phone 8

Hi,

In November i purchased Nokia Lumia 510 in India, and i got Windows Phone 7.8 operating system in it. I would like to know Windows Phone 8 version is released in India, and if it is already released then my Nokia Lumia 510 is officially compatible to upgrate to Windows Phone 8?

Your feeback and suggestions will help me to enter Windows Phone 8 World.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Arjun

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia Lumia 510 and Windows Phone 8

The 510 will never get WP8 because the hardware is incompatible. Are you sure you have WP7.8 and not WP7.5?

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

The 510 currently has 7.5 on it at the moment, it will be getting an update to 7.8 early next year that adds several new features including the homescreen from WP8. It is also expected to receive more updates from Nokia after that too.

Due to hardware requirements set by Microsoft the Lumia 510 will not be able to be upgraded to WP8.
Registered Member
amjadali99

microsoft corporation we are waiting for Long time for windows Phone 8 on Nokia Lumia 510
update the software to windows 8 plzzzz....

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Not possible, not happening.. Ever

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..