25-04-2013 18:35 - edited 25-04-2013 18:39
Hi There. I Got My NOKIA LUMIA 520 Few Days Back. I Am Facing A Issue With It.
The Issue Is "Music+Video Player".
When I Transfer Music And Video Files On 32 GB microSD Card....It Transfers Fine.
But I Transfer Only One File But I See Multiple Copies Of It. Sometimes Two, Five, Seven And Last Time I Checked It Was Eight. This Goes On Increasing On The Phone And Happens For Every Music And Video File. But When I Attach Phone To The Computer To Check The Music And Video Folder Sometimes It Only Shows One File And No Multiple Copies But Sometimes While Accessing The Music And Video Folder To Confirm That There Aren’t Any Multiple Copies....My Computer Freezes.
Also If I Try To Delete Any One Of The Files In Those Multiple Copies On The Phone....The File Is Not Playable....I Assume It Gets Deleted....Though I Delete One File Of Multiple Of Seven...Six Are Visible....But Neither One Will Play.
I Love Music A Lot And So I Got 32 GB microSD Card, As Internal Space Was In-Adequate. Due To This Issue I Did Not Transfer Music And Videos To My Phone.
I Hope I Will Get Support For This Issue Immediately. As NOKIA LUMIA 520 Is Really Nice Phone....But These Issues Should Be Take Care At Once
Hi..when you connect your mobile to pc a window will open showing your windows phone..in there on the left side there will be sign with Down facing arrow and next to it will be the message "GET the WINDOWS PHONE APP"..
Click on the that..download the .exe file..save and run..you are ready to go..
Like if you feel this as solution..
Thanks Guys. I Got It. I Installed It On My Computer And Its Up And Running. But I Got One More Issue, How Can I Transfer Songs To My Phone I Know How Yo Sync It....The Software Automatically Discovered My Music And Video Folder. But I Can Only See Genres And Albums..But I Dont See "Songs" Option. My All The Songs Are Only Visible in Ringtone Menu. I Have Some Songs Which Do Not Have Specific Details As "Album OR Genre OR Artist"
What Should I Do To Transfer Those Songs As Well.
I Synced My Phone To [Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 3)]....But The Issue Still There. Even After Transfering Files Through [Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 3)] I Can Still See Those Mutiple Copies Of Single File. Also If I Try To Delete Any One Of The Files In Those Multiple Copies On The Phone....The File Is Not Playable
What Should I Do ? Please Help Me With This.
I'm facing the same problem since I bought this phone
First I copied music and videos from PC (Windows 7) to Phone (microSD card) through Windows Phone software. After coping music file immediately it creates a duplicate entry.
We need answers to below questions.
1. How did you transfer the music and video files the first time?
2. Did you use the microSD card to another mobile phone before using it to your Nokia Lumia 520?
3. What are the formats of these files that you have transferred from your computer?
4. Does the duplication happen with the files saved in the memory card? How about those that are saved in the phone memory?
For possible solutions, you can try the following:
1.You can perform the format operation with your Lumia phone, but it is recommended to do it using a PC running Windows 7.
4GB - 32GB microSD's should be formatted to FAT32 format using 32kB cluster size, and 64GB microSD should be formatted to exFAT. The cluster size can be checked if the microSD is connected to a PC, from Explorer select Format. The used cluster size is reported as Allocation unit size.
If your phone was in deep sleep state (locked and no data connections active) when you inserted the card, you may have to restart your phone.
2. To further isolate the issue, you can also try to use another microSD card.
Upon checking on the Microsoft forum, a user of HTC phone experienced the same. You can also try the steps provided on the below screenshot which is from the below link.
Let us know the outcome. Cheers.
1) I Transfer The Music And Video With The Two Methods
A) Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 3)
B) Drag And Drop By Windows Explorer
2) No. I Have Never Used This microSD Card In Another Cell Phone Before
3) For Music - (.mp3) And For Video – (.MP4)
4) First,The Duplication Did Not Happen….The It Started Suddenly….I Use SD Card For MUSIC and VIDEO Only As….So They Are Stored On The Card And Not Phone.
5) OK….I’ll See, Formatting My Card In (32 KB Cluster Size)
6) I Think It microSD Card Is Fine….Right Now It Would Be Difficult For ME To Buy One More (32 GB MicroSD) Card
7) I Know About This Solution….But I Don’t Want To Get The microSD Card Every Time To Add Files As This Is Not Convenient
I Hope you Have All The Info, You Need
I Followed The Method Which You Told Me.
1) I got The microSD Card Out Of The Phone.
2) Connected The microSD Card To PC Via Card Reader
3) Formatted The microSD With 32 KB Cluster Size.
4) Inserted microSD In Phone And Transferred Songs And Videos….But My Computer Froze In Between Due To Some Transfer Issue. Got The Phone Disconnected Manually. Opened (Music +Video) And Saw Some Of The Music Files….But No (DUPLICATES), Repeat No (DUPLICATES).
5) Again Restarted The Phone And (Music +Video) Software Was Not Able To Open….So Formatted The microSD Via Phone.
6) Just To See The Cluster Size On The microSD When Formatted From Phone, I Connected The microSD Card To PC Via Card Reader Again
7) I Saw The microSD Is Formatted With 16 KB Cluster Size
8) This Happened Every Time I Formatted microSD Via Phone
9) As You Have Option In Windows On PC, To Choose (Cluster Size),In Windows Phone You Don’t
10) Then Transferred The Songs And Videos Again….Transferred OK, Restarted The Phone Went To (Music +Video) And Back To Square One. Multiples Of 4 For Each File
Now Something Really Weird Is. When You Open (Music +Video) Software, You See Something Is Paused
But When You Try To Open It….It Goes To WhatsApp….This Happen Every Time….Currently I Don’t Have A Music Or Video File On My Phone
I Am Really Tired OF This. Is It Possible To Get Update For (Music +Video) Software ?
(Music +Video) Software Is Full Of Bugs….Though It Looks Good
I got the same issue on my Lumia 720 on few songs & videos.
1. Dont download same song from nokia music due to that there will be 2-4copies of songs.
2. First delete all songs/videos by your hands on your phone itself which have 2-4 copies on your phone.
3. Format your memory card on your phone itself from settings under Phone storage.
4. Please install windows phone app on your laptop/pc. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/how-to/wp8/windo
5. Move songs form your laptop/pc to phone from computer (there will be u see windows phone/lumia 520)
6. Then move songs on your memord card/desired location.
By that may be your problem solved.
Hi there. I recently got my 520 lumia.However i have an issue with the video palyer and the video recorder.
while playing videos, you only hear the sound but no visual is displayed. a green screen is displayed. WHile recording videos with the camera, the camera is still and does not respond to movements. Any help pleae