Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Lumia 520 Music+Video Player Issues

Registered Member
aadi2131

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 Music+Video Player Issues

Plzzz help me for this problem
Registered Member
adarshjose

hey aadi2131 you can only share videos in the camera roll..so if you want to sent a video via bluetooth put that video into camera roll

Registered Member
shuaibrv

I have created Nokia account but I can't download music from the store,the indicated problem is nothing...
Registered Member
tejas99

I have problem about memory.Whatever I download uses phone memory on otherhand my sd card remains empty.how to move files from uc browser to sd card ?
Registered Member
Poshpanda

I have a 620 with the same problem. Clean Phonememory/album+Artist and then format SD-card.

Restart the phone

Use Windows Explorer to copy files. Now it works. I noticed that iMusic / Music Player is strange. When I copy Anna Abreau-hysteria 2011 it shows up as Def Leppard-hysteria 1987. I uninstalled that App and will not use it again. Maybe the App makes changes to the library.

I thought that after 2 years Microsoft had a working phone but you can't even use Flashplayer, sad.

Registered Member
Poshpanda

Go into settings / memory and change where it should save music and pictures.
Registered Member
avicash

Hello samman,

Do one thing just format your SD card via your windows lumia 520 going thorugh settings>phone storage>tap the SD card option and perform the format option. after that connect your phone through PC

Now you will see folders in your SD card which is automatically created by performing the format option just add your pictures or videos in the appropriate folder and after adding disconnect and check your videos in the phone by choosing any options i.e music and videos now you will not see any duplicate files.

Thanks & Regards

Avinash

Registered Member
nimal136

Hey ppl, atlast it worked for me. The windows desktop app is buggy and it doesn't transfer files as intented for me. Rather i could transfer files without trouble in these steps. Now i don't have any duplicates and all the files are playing without showing any error.   Try it out:
1. Remove all the files you have in the memory card or simply format it. Still you will see the files in the music player which wont play but wil remain there simply. You have no other way than to select the files,individually,and delete all the duplicate and dummy files,that wont play any longer. Pity those having 32 GB full of files. I had only 2GB. There could be some other way to do this. But it worked this way  only for me.
2. Connect the Lumia to pc through usb cable. You should be able to see the drives in the file explorer.
3. Open windows media player (i have set the option of sync using windows media player in the windows desktop app in its settings). Select the songs you want to add into the sd card and drag and drop in the SYNC LIST section at the right side of the player. (in the library view, you will see play list, burn list, sync list at the right).
4. The Sync list section will show the external devices connected to the pc. In this case, select "Mobile name"-SD card and click START SYNC option above that. It will show the sync progress and once done you can see songs in the mobile.
Note: i had few issues when i tried to sync  files and folder ,together. So tried syncing them separately and it worked. Remember to edit the song attributes like,album name,artist,genre,etc. in a way to facilitate organising songs in the music+videos in mobile. You can also create playlists from the media player itself by dragging and dropping playlists in the Sync list. Its better to start the sync with few files first.
Try these steps and if worked lik it did for me, post it in other forums that you came across that had similar discussions on this issue.

gokulgokuz7771

to those who face Nokia Lumia 520 Music+Video Player Issues

to avoid multiple entries of song try the steps mentioned below.

it worked for me

1st connect phone to your pc

2nd open phone memory goto music folder from pc take folder option apply show hidden files

3rd delete all the files in the folders album & artist, also delete all songs from music folder in memory card

4th  now copy song of your choice to  music folder in phone memory and disconnect your phone from pc

5th open Music+Video Player from the multiple entries shown in the player select the songs (neglecting the multiple entries) and copy to sd card

6th exit Music+Video Player

7th once again open Music+Video Player  and delete all songs entries in phone memory

8th tada….. now you have what you wished for…………..

hope it worked ………   

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Registered Member
arunramar

videos are not playing with subtitle

Hi,

I am having nokia lumia 520. I have many movies with subtitle. I have folder to that films. subtitle file also having seperated in that folder itself. but when i play that movies , it is not playing wiht hte subtitles. CAn anyone know solution for this ?

Registered Member
urpal

I am having the same problem with my nokia lumia 520. i m copying video files and they are getting duplicated. if i delete any one of them then it wont play. som error is shown. wat to do?? hv u got ur problem fixed.

Registered Member
hrishihhh

Res/sir

1] When i download any avi file from  internet exploer dosent show it . where it gone ? and please make file  exploer in lumia

2] for data connection,bluetooth ,wifi on of ,internet shering every time we have to go setting its very boring and time consuming plese provide shortcut option for it ...

Counsellor
WightWalker

Done exactly what you've said, but I still get duplications with missing image.

Tried using the Windows phone app which locates all music files but when trying to sync the selected files, it says that it can't copy as the files (which the appl lists) couldn't be found.

Counsellor
WightWalker

When I first got 520, I used an old 2G card which had the files transferred under Windows 7 to the root directory (NOT inside the Music Folder); this card does not produce duplicate files.

I re-formatted the new 32G card in the phone, then transferred the files across directly to the root directory on the card using a card reader under Windows 7, popped it back into the phone & there are NO duplicate files & ALL cover images are visible.

Success or what - OK maybe limited success, so there's got to be a Nokia 520/Windows Phone issue that's responsibe for creating duplicate files.

Counsellor
WightWalker

Following on from above, I have discovererd that whilst that there were no file duplications under the music/artists, there was still duplication under music/albums.

Also I discovered that it's important to dismount the SD Card before switching the phone off to remove SD Card.

I've potentially resolved file duplication thus:

1. Make sure that you make a note of all settings & transfer any important files from phone to PC

2. Perform a reset on phone to restore default settings

3. Set up phone to previously configuration

Then look at music files and there should be no duplications in music/artists or music/albums; obviously under music/songs, there can be duplications depending on whether the title appears on more than 1 album or not.

So far so good.  But I'm not sure what will happen when additions albums are added & whether to do this by removing the SD Card & transferring using card reader with the PC or between the PC & phone.  If the SD Card is removed, then it's important to dismount the SD Card underphone storage/SD Card/remove SD card.  I believe that if this isn't done, then it's this which confuses the phone into creating potential duplicate files.

Worst case situation would require a phone reset repeating the above.

I shall not be using the uSoft phone program with the PC as this seems to next to useless!

Counsellor
WightWalker

Following on from above, there were a couple of errors (1 on my part) in which an album was recognised as 2 discs & appearing thus on the Artist list; the other (Dirty Dancing) was split into 2 two i.e. Dirty Dancing & Dirty Dancing ST.

The SD Card was dismounted from the phone & looking at the first disc with Tag & Rename, the compilation that I had made retained Disc 1 & Disc 2 in the Album column.  I deleted all reference to Disc 1 & Disc 2.

On the second disc I could find no reference whatsoever to ST (Sound Track) in the description of any of the tracks.  So does this phone, when building up the list of albums, refer to some external reference list to determine what the album is & how it should be listed.  I can understand renaming it to include ST but splitting it 2 is just plain silly.

Changes were made to the SD Card using the PC/Card Reader & SC Card popped back into the phone.  It took so long to rebuild that at first I thought the music files weren't recognised but gradually the list of albums was restored to include changes & additions that had been put on the SD Card.

The first album is now just 1 & not 2 as previous but Dirty Dancing is still shown spilt across 2 albums.

Further albums that were added were also shown which is a marked improvement from my first experineces.

Whilst 1 album is mysteriously split across 2 there are no duplications thus far.