Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Lumia 520 - Transfer Music Files, workaround...

Advisor
MichaelMatejka

Nokia Lumia 520 - Transfer Music Files, workaround?

I'm working on a MacBook, and the Windows Phone app keeps crashing and knocking out my microSD card.  Is there any other way to get music files onto my phone?  I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

Advisor
MichaelMatejka

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 - Transfer Music Files, workaround?

just a quick update in case anyone got stuck like i did.  i brought my phone and sd card back to where i bought it -- after being bounced from nokia to microsoft to apple, and all the while I was thinking it was just a bum sd card.  the store actually gave me a new sd card, and when that also didn't work, they were about to give me a new phone.  But one more try, and . . .

The problem was that the card had to be formatted by a PC before being put in the phone.  The phone has a format option, but apparently it didn't actually work.  After doing a hard reset on the phone and formatting the SD card on a computer, we put it in the phone and everything worked fine.

I've known it'd be better to format the card on a computer, but my macbook doesn't have an sd slot, so this wouldn't have been an option for me.  

Afterwards, everything worked fine.

Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Michael Matejka, to reproduce this issue: Who made your microSD and what’s its capacity?

Advisor
MichaelMatejka

SanDisk 10 class 64 GB.  I haven't tried to reproduce it after the problem was solved since I was just happy to have it working.  But I can say I did a hard resest of the phone and formatted the card through the phone (Settings/Phone Storage) several times each, to no effect.  Doing a hard reset of the phone and formatting the card through a computer, however, worked the first time.