Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Lumia 520 cracked screen

cassa

Nokia Lumia 520 cracked screen

Just looked up to see if anyone else has experienced same problem as me. Found this site and seen that someone

else has done just that.

I just purchased my phone and followed instruction to install battery and sim, cracked sreen on opening.

I got the same response from store not wanting to refund or replace. Instead wanting to repair .

Await the next phone cracker 

Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 cracked screen

How in the world are you able to crack the screen?

The first time that I saw the Lumia 520 I already know where to remove the back cover. Did you bend it like a chocolate bar?

When you look at the phone, obviously you will realize how it will break. I am really sorry I find it really weird that people are able to break the phone that way.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

if the shop is being less than helpful, i suggest that you take up the issue with your nearest Nokia Care: http://nokia.com/support
Advisor
oldun60

Yes, same thing happened to me. Broke it taking the back off.
Advisor
oldun60

I think the idea is that you insert your nail between the screen and the back- I don't have long nails so ended up pushing down on the screen as I tried to put my nail in. I heard from a guy at teh shop that this has happened to a few people.
Contributor
sakendrick

This just happened to my wife.  3 month old phone.  The reason she was taking the cover off was because the phone just shut down (crashed) and would not respond (even after full charge).  She did not know how to soft reset so she was attempting to remove battery.  Now she has a phone that won't respond (dead) and a cracked screen.

This same "shut down" issue is happenign with my 1020  every night and I had another 1020 that had faulty audio jack.  I love windows phones and hate slinging mud but it seems like Nokia products are just junk. Sorry.  

Wasted $500 between the two phones because there's no support for issues like this.

sylviechen

This is a much larger problem than Nokia is willing to admit to.

AT&T Gophone plan makes it look like a good value for money

However,  the cracked screen issue is prevalent with the 520.

Notwithstanding, AT&T treats all cracked screens as an owner issue not a mfg issue.

I sent my phone back to Nokia after having it for just 5 days.

They returned it untouched and said it was my problem

the funny thing is that the screen cracked on its own. -- it was in my car untouched.

Wonder if the heat caused the crack?

The back removal process causes too much flex on the screen which seems to be the common cause.

In my case, the back was never removed prior to cracking.

Used to like the Nokia brand but it like the Blackberry is destined for the heap of failed technology.

Even Microsoft will not be able to prevent its demise.

guess you get what you pay for. $90 for a poor design. My bad.

csenaraths

Nokia Lumia 520 touch error

i brought lumia 520 in  airport 2 months ago. until this week it work very well but now its crazy.open application a automatically . screen touch automatically so help me plz!!

Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 touch error

@ csenaraths - See if a Soft Reset (Press Power + Volume(down) keys  until the phone vibrates (about 8-10 seconds). Phone will reboot. ) helps ...

csenaraths

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 touch error

thax i think it work!!!
chefboyct

I had the same problem. I had my Lumia 1020 for one day and dropped it on knees height while taking a picture and it cracked. Nokia claimed it is misuse? how? and when I spoke to the ACTUAL repair centre and they said to me that Gorilla 3 glass WAS NOT used on the top touch screen and was only used on the bottm (LCD screen. But hey, you can not just replace the top glass but have to replace the entire unit (LCD + touch glass). And useless cusotmer service and South Africa has since rejected my request. It will be my ever Nokia phone ever thats for sure. False advertising, non- existence customer service. It is just bad. and they said if I want to escalate this further, I will need to call Nokia Finland... hahaha!
Registered Member
howie4567

Seems like this problem is still ongoing, yesterday I cracked the screen of my 520 taking the back off. If you haven't taken the back off before(like me) and you have no nails to prise it appart(like me) then the intuative way to remove the back is to flex it slightly from the sides. This should have been picked up in the r&d of the phone and addressed then instead of denying responsibility and costing users their hard earned money and the company it's reputation.

musica

Hi, howie4567. We're sorry to hear this. The best thing to do is to bring the phone to a Nokia Care Point for repair. As this may fall under physical damage, repair charges will apply. Please visit the below link to select your local support page for repair instructions/information:

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/

Final Banner
fedupnewbe

my month old lumia 520 phone screen cracked in my coat pocket this morning so phone is now usless !  at least with samsung phones they still work with a cracked screen

musica wrote:
Hi, howie4567. We're sorry to hear this. The best thing to do is to bring the phone to a Nokia Care Point for repair. As this may fall under physical damage, repair charges will apply. Please visit the below link to select your local support page for repair instructions/information:

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/

i dont think i will ever get another nokia after this

Registered Member
Kinyata

Well this happens more often than you think. I cracked mine only two days ago. It was the very first time I was trying to open it to install the battery and SIM card. My reading on other sites is that it is not an uncommon problem, particularly if the back cover is black. This seems to make it more difficult to discern the exact place where to apply pressure. And the shop of course refused to exchanger or fix it... And to think that I was attracted to the phone because of Nokia's reputation of solidity!

What is Nokia's position on this issue?

And does anyone know where in the Waikato Nokia care is situated?
Registered Member
lucylampshade

was just trying to find out more about the nokia 520 as my daughter bought it with her own money, she was playing music on her phone walked home went to turn it off and the screen was cracked. she is gutted! can't afford a new phone at the moment but this now looking at all these comments appears to be a common problem
I have had an iphone for 18 months it has been dropped on concrete thrown around and all sorts no cracked screen, wish i could buy her one of those!