Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia Lumia 610 can not call or message out. w...

Registered Member
BlindFire2112

Nokia Lumia 610 can not call or message out. with weird symbol on the "Phone" tile.

Hi all, i am after some help. My mam recently got a Nokia Lumia 610 and when she went to use it today it wasn't sending any texts it was just bouncing them abck. When i tried to use the phone to call her old phone, my phone and the house phone it didn't even get a dial tone it just beeped three time and went off. When i tried to call the 610 from another phone it went straight through.

When looking in the settings it says its on o2-UK (which is correct) it had roaming off and 3G data connection Flight mode and battery saver were also both off. On the home screen is the phone tile which lets you see your call history and use the number pad to dial out. on that tile was the telephone logo with a symbol under it which i can only describe as looking like this     o_o      then under this was the o2-UK. The phone had half bar signal and was getting H for its data connection.

really confused by this anyone able to help? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: Nokia Lumia 610 can not call or message out. with weird symbol on the "Phone" tile.

The icon you have described denotes that you have a new voicemail.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/start/check-my-voicemail

For your other problem you may need to get in touch with O2 to see if there is a problem with the SIM card. Ultimately, you may need a replacement card.

Please use plain text.