Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

nokia lumia 800

Counsellor
vascowalla

Re: Nokia Lumia 710/800 Issues/complaints/Problems - Really Windows Phone?

If you want to send messages to multiple users,you will first have to turn "Group messaging" of.To do this ,1. go to messaging.
2.Click on the three dots at the bottom right of the screen.
3.Click on settings.4.Group text is third item from the top.Turn it off.Once this is done you will be able to send messages to multiple users.There is a small + sign at the extreme right of the To field. Use it add names/numbers. Hope this helps.
gmacca

[ Edited ]

hi everyone .. i have a small business and expext the 710 battery life to last at least one day with normal use .. if i connect to my car bluetooth and play music or listen to radio on phone its all over after 2 maybe 3 hrs.. all previous nok phones lasted at least one day with heavey use.. and in some cases nokia supplied a longer life battery.. i also am unhappy with the non abiliuty to contact nokia and request a long life battery be made .. lets be honest and not excuse the excusses i have seen about leaving this or that on .. if you design something with losts of features you should design a powerful batery to suit ( surely that not to much to ask .. can someone supply me a phone number to talk to nokia in australia to request battery design.. i buy all my phones outright and am not happy with the attitude of bloggers who get phones on contracts and just blow the issue off.. put your hand in your pocket and then see if you think its no problem.. thoughts please

*note; removed excess quote which has been well coverd and soved in most cases.

Professor
JackMerson

@gmacca
I agreed that the battery life in Nokia Lumia 710 is rather short. The 1300 mAh battery with 1.4Ghz processor and 3.7 LCD screen doesn't seem great, I know. But, you can buy a portable charger (From Nokia).
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Contributor
arcnatarajan

Nokia Lumia 710

has a flaw less clear screen ,except that I do not find anything as friendly as any ordinary phone could offer that too,  when we pay so much to buy the phone.

you can not record voice in an emergency! may be you can find an app to do that from market place.

i have problem downloading such applications even though the my credit card is accepted (debits a mere Rs. 2/- say-$0.04 at every attempt made to buy!) while purchasing apps at market place. no netbanking or debit card options. none could solve this problem and only my time and effort wasted. nokia care is useless . never able to help in this regard.  instead they told me to contact the internet provider!!

can not quickly send 'contact number' or a business card through sms to some one in need.

so much fuss and round about route to make your own ring tone!

There is no user manual or cd  supplied for  finding solutions quickly or for installing software like ZUNE.

zune does not accept MP3s so easily. you have to play around hard to create your playlist! zune appears very unimpressive.

my ipad's  instead given me complete satisfaction in terms of easy operations and purchases.. 

anyone listening?

Registered Member
VeereshSingh

Its a waste with so many useful missing features..  i am really disappointed buying this phone. Bluetooth file transfer is one of the most required feature

Registered Member
VeereshSingh

Answers are not convincing.
Nokia lumia is a disappointment. Bluetooth file transfer is very much important feature which is missing.
Who ever is planning to buy a Nokia Lumia please think twice before going ahead.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

You may want to use the Nokia Support Discussions search function when looking for and answer to your question . You might find an answer straight away. See this thread for more information.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Registered Member
VeereshSingh

I checked but no answer for those issues with Nokia lumia.

Kosh wrote:

You may want to use the Nokia Support Discussions search function when looking for and answer to your question . You might find an answer straight away. See this thread for more information.

Registered Member
geet05

the ICS (internet connectin sharing) problem still persists in the system....

it detects the shared internet connection however not able to connect it through....

using the device is a painful process.....

Counsellor
ravibhalekar123

Hi akshata,
your network provider is tata?
Counsellor
ravibhalekar123

hi navnish,
Lumia is foolish & face thrash machine.
For foto edit you can download super camera app.
akifsafi

nokia lumia 800

i bought nokia lumia 800 and i am not able to check my remaining balance on it (it is showing session terminated )  i.e, when i dial  *111# and thats irritating  me.I downloaded application named "CALL CREDIT" but it too cannot solve my problem.

akifsafi

its too much disappointing me.Lack of problems,complaints
Registered Member
clynderboy

I agree with VeereshSingh about the lack of Bluetooth functionality. You don't expect to 'research' the fine detail before buying, when you've had many good Nokia phones which did everything you would expect from Bluetooth. My wife, like myself, has a Lumia 710 and although the OS is undoubtably secure, we are astounded that they can't even talk to each other via Bluetooth! If we want to swap photos, we have to do it via the network as an SMS, or the hassle of connecting to the PC/Zune! I still have my excellent Nokia N95 (with superior camera!) and am considering using it again instead of the 710. 'Disappointed' doesn't cover it!

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Microsoft have already announced that the upcoming wp7.8 update will allow bluetooth media file transfer, so this is a non issue. 

Sunil1166

since i bougt my phone i have rapidly draining battery  prob and call ended prob ...need  to resolve ...plz help

thank u (India,Asia)

Sunil1166

i bougt nokia lumia 800 two days before and im totaly lovng it but just today i came to know that battery backup was very poor and i faced problems while calling im not able to call to anyone for long time but able to recive call .....need some help plz...

thank u! 

From 

INDIA

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Please search for and read one of the many threads on this on the forum. 

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Registered Member
remyalex

i bought a Nokia Lumia 800 just to check if Nokia is actually providing what it is promising, on physically looking at the phone i saw there was no way of hard reboot, i smelt trouble but still gave it try and here I am with a phone which when I charge and switch on it just says NOKIA on the screen and nothing else happens.Now i am stuck in Nigeria with a phone i bought in India which i cannot use. The service center also which was close by just shut down.

Does someone have an answer how to get this problem rectified.

regards

Registered Member
djb1x1x

People donot buy any window phone because window phone operating system is very small operating sytem.. After buy lumia window phone every one say it is not at all good.. I have waste my money.... Nokia marketing will dies unless solve the problem