Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia Lumia 710 - Internet Sharing is not Work...

Contributor
Selventhran

Nokia Lumia 710 - Internet Sharing is not Working

I bought NL 710 couple of months ago and i love this phone. Recently i have updated the phone to Fimware # 1600.3031.8773.12121I was able to use 'Camera Extras' and other latest updates.

When i try to use Internet Sharing, it says 'Connections not shared - There's no mobile data connection to share at the moment. Check Your mobile setttings and signal, and try again.'  In my mobile, mobile internet is working in all the browsers and i was able to install all the apps using mobile internet. but still it throws an error mentioned above, when i try to use Internet Sharing.

Is there any other possible way to share mobile internet to system.

P.S: I am from India, using vodafone 2G connection. I was able to tether mobile internet from other android devices but not from WL 710.

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia Lumia 710 - Internet Sharing is not Working

@Selventhran

Is your network access point VL or VMC?

Have a look at this thread:http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/WhatsApp-Issue-On-my-Lumia-800/m-p/1395021/...

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Contributor
Selventhran

Presently am using both VL and VMC. I've asked my customer care to deactivate VL. I ll check, once it got deactivated and try internet sharing again then reply U the result.

Thanks

Contributor
Selventhran

Still the problem exists even after deactivating VL from my mobile. Presently i have only VMC. Still am not able to use 'internet sharing'. It throws the same error :smileysad:
Please someone help me in this.
Counsellor
adityadaliya

internet sharing not working on nokia lumia 710

Hi ... Internet sharing is not working on lumia 710

devices are able to connect to lumia 710 but the internet is not working on other device please help me get out of these

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: internet sharing not working on nokia lumia 710

Have you tried removing and re-entering the apn settings at Settings>Mobile network>add apn. Also does your provider (which?) allow tethering on your current contract wit them?

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Contributor
Selventhran

Hi kosh,

Thanks for Ur reply , I tried removing and re-entering the apn settings and still it is not working. My service provider(Vodafone india) allows tethering, since previously i used USB tethering in my old HTC wildfire phone.

Counsellor
adityadaliya

It is still not working I am on a BSNL 3G service and tethering is also allowed but when I connect other device to my Lumia 710 the webpage doesn't open and gives error internet not running.....
Please help
Registered Member
anikethan

Well, I too recently bought a Lumia 710, and am facing the same issue with Internet sharing.

It was working fine with my previous HTC phone.

But as mentioned, though devices are able to connect to the Lumia, there is absolutely no browsing/download possible.

And regarding the signal, my observations too are the same. Whereas other phones show good RSSI bar, my Lumia phone's sensitivity seems to be lesser. I am not sure how they could have bungled up even though they have used a Qualcomm stack.

Registered Member
pressy

I have bought lumia 710 a week ago. First two days i was able to use internet sharing option.. But after that its not working.. Its getting connected with my laptop but not sharing internet.. i went to a nokia care..they first told that from lumia phones internet sharing is not possible.. But when i have shown them the information in nokia website they r saying the reseptive person is not there in office, come later.. It seems these people do not know anything about their phone.. I bought this phone as my galaxy note has been stolen.. But this phone is disappointing..
Registered Member
pressy

I am fron india using vodafone 3g .. And the nokia care i hv contacted is at Hazra, kolkata.
Registered Member
VivekGK1982

Nokia Lumia 710 hotspot issue - Where is the support?

[ Edited ]

I have a Lumia 710, and I'm having trouble with Internet sharing. Internet works perfectly on the phone. I am using BSNL 3G in India. Wifi hotspot works on Android on the same SIM and netwotk, but not on thiis. This has severely cut down the functionality of my phone.

If the attitude of the moderators is to post a non-solution and then ignore the issue completely, I feel no need to stick my neck out and continue with Nokia and Windows Phone 7. How come Nokia is having an issue with something that works on my cheap Android phone that cost one-fourth of what the Lumia cost? More importantly, why are users not getting proper support?

FYI mods, I have tried the 'solution' and it doesn't work. Please dont ask irrelevant questions such as "Does your network support tethering?' to stall. The first poster has mentioned that his network supports tethering. Try and go through the entire post before replying.

Nokia is promoting Lumia heavily in India. Thus, I feel they are obligated to give good service. even the apn info has to be configured manually? Never faced this issue even on cheap Android phones.

ganesh_77

Re: Nokia Lumia 710 hotspot issue - Where is the support?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I too have been scratching my head with this issue since the Windows 7.5 update. I still do not know if there is a solution to this, but i found out something today which might be of help.

I have the Lumia 710 with the latest 7.5 update, on Vodafone network with Mobile Connect (VMC) activated. And importantly with 2G (E/ GPRS) selected as the internet connection. I was not able to do "Internet Sharing" with this. Technically the phone shares it without any problem, but the issue is that the connected device (the device too will connect) is never able to browse using it (even though the WiFi connection is detected and prominently displayed). Lumia will also show the active connection (it will say 1 client connected or so). Frustrating to say the least. And i noticed that none of the forums were helping either.

Today i tried two things. Under Settings -> Mobile Network, i manually selected the network to "Vodafone" (it was "Automatic" earlier) AND set the highest connection speed to "3G" (it was "E" earlier). Then i tried Internet Sharing and i was able to connect to my iPad without any problem! I dont think the manual selection to Vodafone mattered, but the switch to 3G seems to have done the trick.

So my inference -> Internet sharing works only on 3G connection using the Lumia 710 and Windows Phone 7.5 (or atleast using Vodofone India's Mobile Connect). [Whereas i was able to share the same VMC GPRS connection as a WiFi hotspot using my earlier HTC Wildfire without any problems]

Hope the information helps.

Regards

Ganesh

Registered Member
greenbook

Hi, not that I have a solution, but I want to thank you, Vivek, for keeping things OT and calling it like it is. I have zero tolerance for posters who don't read the OPs and make useless suggestions.

BTW, I'm having the same tethering problem with my Lumia 800, and from what I understand the only solution is to hard reset the phone!! What total BS.
Why would I want to go through losing all my apps and messages at the risk of this tethering problem popping up again down the road???
Nokia, stop putting out half **bleep** apps (Nokia Transit: total garbage) and restore your good name.
Registered Member
Nandha_india

i had the same problem with 710. while using internet sharing wifi gets connected to the pc but unable to surf. i have raised the issue with nokia care....they flashed the os and reinstalled in nokia care..now the problem is resolved.......

Registered Member
ujjaldey

Hi Ganesh,

It really worked for me. I use Vodafone VL and VMC both on Lumia 710 handset. I used to scratch my head as the Internet Sharing never worked for me. When I changed the connection from E to 3G, it's working for me. I can connect my laptop to the network, and browse happily. Thanks for sharing this.
Counsellor
ravibhalekar123

Hi ujjaley,
my laptop ( compaq cq40) don't have wifi.
Which software/device can useful for WiFi connectivity?
PLs. Guide.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

You can buy Wifi Adapter to have this function on your laptop.

Final Banner
Contributor
pramodcp

Internet sharing worked earlier but now WiFi connected with 54mb speed with popup no internet access. I don't know why it is happening may be some windows patches rejecting connections.
Registered Member
aasifilahi

Very simple and its works for me..

In lumia 710, go to,

settings--> mobile network--> data connection-->ON.

internet sharing--> ON.

bluetooth--> turn ON.(important).

thats it.. now connect your laptop with lumia 710 using wireless connection.

your lumia internet is shared..