Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia Lumia 810 Data connection problem

Waazzupppp

Just a question... There is no possible way to see the 'network indicator' when in IE in WinPhone8... How could anyone see if the device was switching while in IE?
Contributor
chuckchern

I have a new Lumia 810 that has been updated to the latest OS. The phone has been SIM unlocked for me by T-mobile. I'm currently working in Indonesia and I have a local SIM card in the phone. Indonesia has good 3G signal coverage and has no 4G service yet. In spite of this, my phone never indicates a 3G signal. It only changes between 2G and 4G. It appears that I only get a data connection when the phone indicates 4G coverage. I cannot make a data connection when the signal indicates 2G. I have tried to force 3G only in the field test menu and even when 3G only is successfully selected, the phone still indicates a 4G connection. If I put the same Indonesian SIM card in the Nokia E6 that I also travel with, everything works fine. I can get a data connection in a 2G coverage area and a 3G signal is shown in areas where the coverage exists. I had the phone for a very short time before leaving the USA but I believe the 810 acts the same way in the USA. In my hometown, I do not think we have 4G coverage yet and still the phone shows only a 4G signal. I don't have much faith in this phone at all. At the moment, Symbian Belle works so much better than Windows 8 and gives me far more control over how my phone works. Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong with the 810?

Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi chuckchern,

Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions!

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided on this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480 ? 

Final Banner