Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Lumia 920 Hang

charan_31007
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 920 Hang

[ Edited ]

It's been over 14 Hours that my new Nokia Lumia 920 is hang. I could  not understand the reason behind its malfunctioning as I was on a call and when I tried to hang up.It just choked and react nothing.  When I wave my hand over the light sensor, phone lit up and shows me the same phone call screen with minutes and after few seconds it goes as if it is locked. I tried to take out the sim, tried turning it off..Used back switch 100 times but it did not reacted at all.

If this is the way it is going to be...I would say Nokia is under water and struggling period will let them down to their certain end of corporation. I switched from iPhone and was very happy to purchase 920. Despite of other big issues I was holding back and was thinking to keep it as Microsoft will fix he bugs with new applications.:smileysad::smileysad:

If it happened to someone else please notify me if they were able to fix it. All i am doing is waiting for battery to die so that i could try turning it on back.

Please suggest some ideas.

Thanks

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 Hang

It's been mentioned on this forum several times now but if you hold the volume down key and the power/lock button for several seconds the phone will reboot.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

And if it then refuses to reboot, press and hold the Volume down + Power + Camera buttons simultaneously until phone vibrates then release the power button but keep pressing the other two buttons for five seconds or so and the phone should re-boot normally.

Ray.

Advisor
mxvizca

I had the same problem. I contacted Nokia support who advised me to backup and reset phone. Now, phone won't boot up at all. I have pressed all possible combinations buttons; phone won't pass Nokia logo. Help please! 

Advisor
mxvizca

I should have said " I have the same problem "

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

If the 3 button reset does not help then you need to have it looked at by your local Nokia Care Point. You can locate your nearest care point usin the link below.

www.nokia.com/support

Advisor
mxvizca

Phone was toast. I went to AT&T store and had it replaced.

Nokia/MS must create a better way to fix these problems. Hate to compare them with Apple, but Apple blows them away when come to resolving these type of issues.

Registered Member
datsyuks_hero

I too am in a similar situation.  Switched from iPhone to the 920 a few days ago, and have experienced the same 'freeze' issues.  This is not good.  I'm seriously considering going back to the iPhone if this continues.  

Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

datsyuks_hero wrote:

I too am in a similar situation.  Switched from iPhone to the 920 a few days ago, and have experienced the same 'freeze' issues.  

It's been suggested that a factory reset of the phone will stop the phone from freezing if it's software related. Go to Settings > About > Reset your phone. You will lose all data on the phone so make sure everything is backed up that you don't want to lose.

You might also have a faulty SIM which has been known to cause this issue. Your network should be able to provide a replacement micro SIM for free.

If you're still having problems you can take your phone back to point of purchase for a replacement or have it looked at at your nearest Nokia Care.

http://nokia.com/support

Ray.

Registered Member
Nanu_Vinod

Wonderful, it worked for me. Thanks a lot. my lumia 920 was switched off as soon i finished my call and when i picked phone to make one more call .... lumia 920 never come up.. and charge was ful. I did volume down + lock button... phone rebooted.

Toontom007

Hi chaps,

I found it to be the screen protector covering the senor in the top right corner above the Nokia logo just right of the forward facing camera. So you could cut off the top right corner or take the screen protector off. 

Enjoy your phone :thumbup:

Registered Member
WWE7Nations

Pressing volume down key and power button helped my lumia 920 to reboot,Thanks for the suggestions!!!!!!!
Registered Member
kanwarrdsingh

It worked for me..
Thanks

Registered Member
hangs

Thanks it worked for me too, mine hanged within two days of purchase.

Registered Member
david1947

Its been some 4 weeks since I got my 920 and after my disastrous experience with the E7 which made me switch to iPhone, I was really happy that Nokia /Microsoft finally seemed to have got it right. Lo and behold ! Just a short while ago, it is now hung on a single screen and I cant even power down.  I guess the battery will have to run out before anything can be done to it. But I am really disappointed. My wife's Samsung never hangs. My iPhone and my daughter's never hang. But I have been a Nokia fan for a long time and was hoping against hope that this 920 would be their saviour. Looks like I may have over-estimated them. Nokia appears to be headed for the history books. Too bad...I lreally ove their Maps appplication and the Windows 8 live tiles do look sexy. I doubt whether there is anything wrong with the hardware....but Microsoft products.....that's another story altogether.

Registered Member
ElsonYip

I hope Nokia and MS will solve this issue ASAP. I just bought Nokia Lumia 920, and it keeps hang everyday. Feel frustrated using it.
Counsellor
deep9

Hi All ....
1. Removing the beta release of Skype...
2. Booting the phone without SIM for ten minutes, then booting with the SIM back in again....
3. Hold the Volume down key and the power /lock button for several seconds the phone will reboot...
4. And if it there refuses to reboot, press and hold the Volume down + Power + Camera buttons simultaneously until phone vibrate.....
5. Or do Factory reset..
Thanks.....

Registered Member
Gre8work

Volume Down Button and Power Button for 10-15 Seconds, and it reboots. Worked for me. Thanks

Registered Member
Aravind1986

Thanks a lot, it helped, have also uninstalled skype if that can cause havoc! 

Registered Member
Monsen

Thanks for the info. Had the phone hang, then it proceeded to do an automatic reboot, but this time it hang on the "Nokia" logo screen on bootup.

Using the Volume down + Power worked perfectly, the phone now rebooted properly.