Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Lumia 920 Hang

Nilantay920

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 Hang

[ Edited ]

I switched from iPhone too. I got the Lumia 920 last friday and after 4 days its now useless. I was in my class and turned off the set as the faculty instructed but when I tried to switch it back on it wasn't working. There was this weird icon of a lightning and that's was all of it. Then I left it to the Nokia Care and they weren't sure weather it can fixed or not.

What did you do to fix your cell??

Is it still working?

charan_31007 wrote:

It's been over 14 Hours that my new Nokia Lumia 920 is hang. I could  not understand the reason behind its malfunctioning as I was on a call and when I tried to hang up.It just choked and react nothing.  When I wave my hand over the light sensor, phone lit up and shows me the same phone call screen with minutes and after few seconds it goes as if it is locked. I tried to take out the sim, tried turning it off..Used back switch 100 times but it did not reacted at all.

If this is the way it is going to be...I would say Nokia is under water and struggling period will let them down to their certain end of corporation. I switched from iPhone and was very happy to purchase 920. Despite of other big issues I was holding back and was thinking to keep it as Microsoft will fix he bugs with new applications.:smileysad::smileysad:

If it happened to someone else please notify me if they were able to fix it. All i am doing is waiting for battery to die so that i could try turning it on back.

Please suggest some ideas.

Thanks

Moderator's note: Duplicate quote removed.

Ashaa
Registered Member
Prashanna

Thanks a lot , it worked

nvnt17

thanks it worked for me, but now my camera is not working ... i had purchased new mobile.... m fed up with this issue
Registered Member
Sky1

Thanks,mine also hang n i try this method work :smileyhappy:
Registered Member
toyaliketofu

i experience the same thing. twice within 2 months of purchase. why is this happening? kinda felt it should not be happening on such a great smartphone.

anyway, hold down the reset (power) button + volume down really restarted it.

Regards,

Hendy Toya Tan
Registered Member
Bässem

Volume Down Button and Power Button for 10-15 Seconds, and it reboots. Worked for me, thanks alot

Registered Member
920LumiaN

psychomania...you saved my life!!!
brianngaibh

thanks! it worked for me.
shared how it got hang:
when i pluged the usb to my pc, the screen frozen showing "enter your password" on the lock screen after hearing the charging sound. subsequently, my pc prompted me unrecognised usb device connected.
Elrinth

This happened to me for the first time. I was going to call my dad, it was doing the call, but then suddenly there was no sound. So I decided to hang up, when doing that the phone just showed the Nokia logo... The three button combination (volume down, lock phone, camera) rebooted the phone for me and now it works normally again.

Registered Member
Sagarrukhkhan

yes it works...press volume key down-..& hold powe key for 10 seconds...ur lumia 920 will reboot..!!
Contributor
arp814999

I am Arpit Nagbhidkar from Nagpur. I own Nokia Lumia 920. Eversince i purchased it i am finding difficult to cope up with and unfortunately feel as if i am being duped.

Actually i purchased lumia 920 on (17-1-13).Right fro the second day of the purchase i found my cell getting hanged and its volume was getting hanged too. To get my problem solved i had to frequently visit Nokia Care and all they used to do is to update my software, just to solace me.After so many visits ,my efforts bore fruits when they replace my mobile on 29th May.As everything was going well but for few days i was surprised to see that the mobile my mobile was unable to sense motion and i was not able to access Nokia City Lens and the Compass.Then i again visited Nokia Care then they again solaced me by updating software but that too didn't worked and ultimately after 3-4 visits they sent my mobile to the company for testing and they again replaced my mobile on 6th may but on bill it is written to be 28th june. Now as i got my mobile on 6th of this month but after using it for somedays  , exactly after a week the new problem has arised today(13th july) the moblie is hanging , the touch is not working. I have even restarted it (lower volume key + lock key + camera key) 9-10 times but its not working . Now i am fed up.Now i want my money back .I have now decided not to visit any of your care centres but to knock the door of "CONSUMER CARE COURT" to give my money back.

Dear Nokia i  dont understand what the hell is going on at your manufacturing units. The cells manufactured are faulty pieces not for others but for me atleast.

Registered Member
Eddebudde

Even I have serious issue with my Lumia 720. It gets hangs very often. Whatever you do the gets hang. I have tried resetting it 10 times and have Rebooted the phone( by pressing Vol+Power Button) around 20 times a day. I even i tried resetting from Nokia Care, Still NO GO!!! I hmbly request NOkia to replace my phone with any of thier Lower model phone so that i can make atleatst a call without any Hazzle!!
Registered Member
abhidec1

thanks it worked
migueli2

Hi all,

I read all the replys and none solved my probelm... I'm getting very mad about Nokia...

After GDR2 update phone dont go throu NOKIA logo ...

Anu ideias ?

Registered Member
kapsaret

My phone keeps on hanging all the time. I have tried the long press on the volume switch but no remedy,its now two days,what do i do because its really inconviencing me,please help

Registered Member
ghfdis

you just me now. thanks! so happy