Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Lumia 920 exlusive deal with AT&T

villeneuvep

Nokia Lumia 920 exlusive deal with AT&T

I am so dissapointed that Nokia is only offering the Lumia 920 in the US on AT&T's network. I have used only Nokia phones since 2002. I feel like I stay loyal and they screw me. First it started with my purchase of my beloved N900. Within a few months of buying this expensive phone/tablet they stopped supporting it. Very dissapointing. My next purchase was what was supposed to be their flagship business phone - the E7. I can't even get into how many ways this phone fails. It crashes or freezes all the time. Reboots in the middle of a phone call or navigation, doesn't receive calls or msgs if I don't power cycle it every day and the list goes on. It is the most unreliable phone I've ever used and I'm surprised Nokia put it to market when it's obviously in the beta stages to this day. I was finally going to leave Nokia but then I heard the great reviews of the Lumia 920. So, with reservations, I decided I would like to buy this phone only to find out it is exclusive to AT&T. I use T-Mobile and there is no way I'm switching carriers. I've always purchased my phones unlocked as I do not like being locked into contracts.

When will the Lumia 920 be offered for T-mobile's network, if ever? If it won't be, then I'm done with Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 exlusive deal with AT&T

The exclusivity is only for a few months so you hopefully you won't have to wait too long to get hold of one. May not be a bad thing considering there are a few teething issues with the AT&T version which should be sorted by then.  

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

In part because the US telecom market is so skewed and each carrier forces their own unique standard it is very hard to get one phone model to support all the different twists and turns.. Especially where 4G is concerned.

While the AT&T variant supports the AT&T bands, it does not support the T-Mobile bands for 4G. The Global variant does not support either. So unless another model which would do so is released by the time the exclusivity deal ends there is no support for 4G on other networks but AT&T with the current models.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
michail71

It seems AT&T doesn't mess with the WP8 firmware to the extent that Verizon has been doing.

Please use plain text.