Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia lumia 620

Advisor
Rockseabed

finally got back my L620 after 5 days at the center. Everything works fine. They said it was the software problem. After 2 days. The same problem came back. It keeps restarting by itself! What's up with Nokia?. or Windows? Now I have to go back to the center again!
Registered Member
redKrispy

Hi Rockseabed,

I have a restarting problem with my 620 as well...

I have narrowed the problem down a little...  I simply need to shake the phone and it restarts.  The phone can be in any initial (turned on) state and moving it around will trigger a restart.

I tried the reset, essentially putting the phone back to 'out of the box' state...  gave it a little shake and it reset.

Got the phone from an online Hong Kong store...  its unusable in its current state so am working on returning it for repair/replacement (or refund if necessary).

Hope the additional info helps you out.

Advisor
Rockseabed

Thanks for the info redkrispy,

Looks like I'm not the only one with the problem. I can't believe that I bought a new phone that is most of the time in the Care Center! What up with that?

Contributor
SujeetS

I want to know about lumia 620 screen
glass, its strong harden glass and scratch
resistant like gorilla glass or its weak
like lumia 510 and nokia 5233? Please
Contributor
SujeetS

how about camera of lumia 620? It have close mode? Can we take pics fr0m close like C6 and N8 ?
Advisor
Rockseabed

Nokia haven't resolve my problem yet. To anyone who are interested in L620 please think twice before getting yourslef into it. This is out of goodwill. I've notice that if I start to use it heavily, my phone keeps hanging and restarting it self. To stop it i have to switch it off and leave it for a day then only it will go back normal. the problem always starts two days later.
Registered Member
rafay620

Hey, I have the same problem. Infact I've searched the internet and almost every lumia, even the 920, seems to have this problem. This problem has been here for long time since the start of the lumia series and nokia has not found a solution to it yet!! come on nokia..do some thing or else you'll lose one more nokia loyalist..:smileysad:

Registered Member
confuse

i bought a lumia 620, price reasonably ok. It was the start of my frustration, the most stupid unexpected answer I got from nokia service center personnel. Buy phone on Saturday .....4 days later got new micro sim card inserted, the next day sent to service center...... they say my phone microphone cannot work ! ask me to wait 2 to 3 weeks, wait for spare part...idiotic answer.

Will never ever buy nokia ! Pay money now but to use phone maybe 2 to 3 weeks later, real stupid !

You guys out there better be very sure to test new phone before payment, if they allow you, or else buy those brand that  allow testing and if cannot better don't buy. You 'll end up like me.!

dr_asim

hi.i bought lumia 620 two days ago.first time using windows phone.i v installed 5 or 6 small apps.now it takes aprox.4 min to switch between portrait and landscape views.rest functioning perfectly.any one can help why it is gotten so slow?

Registered Member
shrvastava

Re: Nokia lumia 620 launch date in India

nokia lumia 620 hit the market in early march with nokia lumia 720

Advisor
guilhas21

See if your phone works while using multitouch, for one point it's ok, but for 2 or more points it doesnt work, i tested it on 3 lumia 620 and all had this problem, for example, when zooming do it slowly and you will see the screenin "shaking", try a game that require 2 points, for example "rizing". Or just download this app multi touch test or hardware tests, and you can also see this video of one lumia 620 with this problem! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8qL8uaTLac

All lumia 620 users, see if youhave this problem! thanks

Counsellor
cash710

In reply to the video above.
I had this very same problem on my Lumia 710 but that was WHILE charging with a samsung galaxy charger.. In the video, its the opposite. :smileytongue: Glad that I got a 920.
Advisor
guilhas21

Well, this is something that nokia must solve! Hope they solve the problem..

BillOxshott

My 620 has been restarting ever since I got it. Last night I switched it off. Then this morning switched it back on. Have seen it do 8 restarts since switching on. The only solution I have found is to take off the back, remove the battery, replace the battery, put the back on. This seems to work for about 18 hours. Very annoying. Nokia - PLEASE take note. At least acknowledge the problem

Contributor
chowdarym

i am also facing this issue

Registered Member
vijaynani2353

Guys..........does anyone know how to hide ur caller ID in Lumia 620???

Please let me know........

Registered Member
Hellboy3193

I am having the same freaking problem here........... my Lumia 620 keeps on restarting by its own. with a slight movement, BOOM....... it restarts......... if the phone is put on the table, without any movement or shakes...... it works fine............ but when it is inserted into my pocket...... it restarts. really frustrated with it!!!

Registered Member
yktan

Same problem, camera failed function.

Registered Member
leenatpandey

I'm facing the same problem with my Nokia Lumia 620 (bought about a month back). When I took the camera back to the dealer, he reset the phone (Settings > about > reset your phone option). This fixed the camera, but the problem cropped up again in another 4-5 days. I have to keep resetting the phone but the problem is this restores the phone to default state each time. What's the permanent fix for this?

Registered Member
HansU

I got exactly the same problem. It works fine until I put it in my pocket. It looks like the battery or simcard losses contact which forces it to reboot. Shaking the phone got the same result.

This is my 6th and last Nokia..