Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia lumia 820 SD card fault

gretna

Nokia lumia 820 SD card fault

Hi, I think my lumia 820 may have a corrupted system, in particular the file that is loaded on to an SD card when it is first installed.

Here is what has happened as far as I can tell.

When I first got the phone I put the micro SD card a 4GB from my old phone into the 820 and all was well.

Then I received the software update, the phone was still working OK and I was still able to load some photos and music on to the SD card which soon became full.

Last week I went out and bought a brand new shiny 32GB Kingston class 10 micro SD card fitted it in the phone and this where the trouble starts. I can take pictures add music via my lap top, but when I try to view the photos or listen to music the phone tells me there is nothing there to see or play but when you connect to the laptop the files are there and viewable or playable.

So I looked on this forum for clues to what could be at fault, and found nothing that covered it. So I rang Nokia help line and got through to a tech who took me through a lot of procedures to try and get it working, to no avail. His bottom line was that the card needed changing at the shop. So I replaced the card with the 4GB card and seeing how I had transferred every thing to the new card and formatted it for use else where it needed installing in the phone which was done. Now the old card has the same fault as the new one, which leads my to believe there is a fault with the phone since the software update.

Any ideas please.

Gretna.

Please use plain text.
Archwill

Re: Nokia lumia 820 SD card fault

I'm getting the same issues. when trying to view images on my win 7 pc through accessing the card via windows explorer i just get a message saying that "Windows Photo viewer can't open this picture because either the photo viewer doesn't support this file format or you dont have the latest updates to photo viewer" it has difficulty reading the files using the windows app..

however they are all able to be displayed perfectly in the phone itself. i have a 32GB SC card instaled as well.. and it isn't a series of photos, its random batches i see the errors in. all my photos are on the card and only about 80% are syncing with the pc
Please use plain text.
gretna

Hi, after two sections with the Nokia technician on the help line, we were able to resolve all my problems with a phone reset (using the reset button in settings).

I hadn’t wanted to do a full reset but the tech guy said it was the only way out of this problem, but he told me how to back up my settings and files before the reset, so it wasn’t too bad setting the phone up again to how I had it before.

The only down side was that I lost my free copy of angry birds and will now have to buy a copy.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

gretna wrote:

The only down side was that I lost my free copy of angry birds and will now have to buy a copy.

Did you check whether you really have to pay for it ??

Please use plain text.