Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia lumia 920 reset ? Help!

Advisor
Meggymaylou
Accepted Solution

Nokia lumia 920 reset ? Help!

I just reset my phone, by going into settings and pressing reset to normal factory settings, I'm just abit worried as its been on the screen to gears moving around for over an hour, just wondering is this normal? And what is the average time? Iv never done this before, and just seeing a people's forums about phones messing up or it bricking etc. So just need some piece of mind and a little help please :-( is this normal
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia lumia 920 reset ? Help!

[ Edited ]

@Meggymaylou

There comes a point where you will have to try something else or it will remain that way until battery flattens, such as press and hold the power button and volume down button for about 10 seconds

You could also try:-

1. Turn off your device
  2. Plug in wall charger for 1hr
  3. Turn on without your sim card inserted

You might like to look at this resource:http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/product/lumia920/troubleshooting/

Failing this a visit to Nokia Care facility to re-install device firmware would be required.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Advisor
Meggymaylou

But I'm in the middle of a reset, on the screen I have gears moving, I just need to know is this normal and how long do these resets take? And is it right that its been like this for an hour?
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Meggymaylou

It is certainly not normal to exceed that length of time and you will find numerous references to Lumia 920 "bricking" with "spinning gears" upon "hard reset" unfortunately.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Advisor
Meggymaylou

Just my luck, tried everything and now just got black screen with Nokia... Nothing more i can seem to do now :-( if I send my phone to Nokia care will I be charged?
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

If you're phone is still in warranty, the repair is free of charge. Contact Nokia Support for more information about your phone's warranty and how to get your device repaired.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Registered Member
kjk411

Did this work for you?  I am dealing with the exact same issue today.  Silly really.  Phone was working fine, hard reset to start fresh as I was giving this phone to my wife.  The spinning gears of death...

Registered Member
BillJr

I got a screen full of snow while on a call.  The volume down-power button combo was new to me but worked great!  Thanks.  Frankly my first thought was I sure wish I could pull the battery.  I'm not sure I will ever buy another phone where I can't pull the battery.

Registered Member
DanielJJohnson

So are you saying if you get these ' gears of death' we will have to send our phones into repair? as I have had them for 2 hours!
Mobile Overlord
farby

DanielJJohnson wrote:
So are you saying if you get these ' gears of death' we will have to send our phones into repair? as I have had them for 2 hours!

Not necessarily if any of the user doable suggestions in THIS and THIS thread work ..