Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: O2 SIM in O2-locked lumia 820

Registered Member
Redstar555

O2 SIM in O2-locked lumia 820

I have an O2-locked lumia 820 that is not recognising an O2 SIM. I have tried a hard reset but this does not help.
WiFi works fine, and I get reception from same location on the same SIM when it's in a different O2-locked handset
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: O2 SIM in O2-locked lumia 820

Has the handset ever worked? If not it may be blacklisted

Did you purchase it new or used? If used you may have been sold a blacklisted one that won't ever work in your country.

Are you certain it's O2 locked? Does it have an O2 splash screen when powering on? If not it may be locked to another network.

Is it locked to O2 in your country or O2 in another country? O2 operates in several countries, one locked to O2 in another country won't work with an O2 sim from a different country.