Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Problem with internet on Nokia Lumia 800

Contributor
bradztheman

Problem with internet on Nokia Lumia 800

Wheni connect to WIFI to browse the inrenet, it works fine, and always has done. But when i use the browser and my network settings to connect, it is fine but only for a few days or a week. Now and again i get a problem where the browser wont display anyweb pages! All the settings are in correctly, and nothing gets adjusted, i even get the Hor 3G symbol to show me that i am actually infact connected to the internet, but a blank page just keeps coming up saying Try refreshing the browser or try again later.. This has happened to me twice now, and the only way of fixing theproblem is by reseting factory settings which is very annoying! ive tried deleting browsing history,and tried other websites to access too but nothing seems to work. Is this a fault, well i guess it must be but has anyone else had the same problem? wouldreally like to know as imreally thinking about selling this phone if it continues to play up..........

Professor
Shoey5

Re: Problem with internet on Nokia Lumia 800

I'm assuming you're on the latest update. Just to make sure it's not a problem with your carrier, download a program that displays your IP and one that pings. This them when your connection is working and then try it agian when it's not working. See if you get an IP/Ping Success test.

Also next time it happens (after you test it) try going into airplane mode, then off again, see if you get a connection.

Jamoi

I've got issues with internet access away from wi-fi. Vodafone reckon it's a Nokia problem.

I can't get my phone to browse the internet, send mms and send/receive emails on the same APN. The standard "Vodafone NZ" set-up very rarely manages to connect to the internet over 3g and can't send MMS.
Registered Member
Lumiaissue

Same issue with my Lumia 800, network carrier said everything is there from their side and they also mentioned that they have received several complaints regarding this.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi,

Please install and use the 'Network Setup' app from Nokia Collection in Marketplace to setup the Internet and MMS apn for your carrier. The app is currently not available in some regions but a new version should be available globally shortly.

If the app is not available yet you can setup the Internet apn through Settings>Mobile network>add apn. You should be able to find the correct settings on your carrier website.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Registered Member
Rickrvo

[ Edited ]

I'm also experiencing some network problems over wifi! I have data transfer turned off. But sometimes when i connect to a wifi connection I can't open up google or nokia maps nor even hotmail. Everything web related is dead... This is a real pain ... How do i fix this issue?

Moderator's notes: profanity removed

Registered Member
abhiingle

I am experiencing the same problems!

Any help????

mnarvind

I am experiencing the same problem from the day I purchased Lumia 800. I too am using Airtel 3G. The first time, this happened, I exhausted all options and then reset the phone. It worked fine. As if something is decaying inside the phoen, the same problem has cropped up again!! When I check the forums about this problem, what do I see? the same problem being faced by lot of users.

I think Nokia should address this issue very urgently if it really want to survive in the near future. This is an annoying issue and renders your phone a useless and expensive tool.

While the problem is there while accessing internet on the phone, the same works at full speed via the WiFi hotspot. Crazy Huh?

Is someone from Nokia taking a note of these issues?

I feel like throwing the phone in the gutter and move on!! but what to do, I have paid so much for the phone.

Registered Member
jayjay378378

Is there a fix for this yet i just got this phone so i can internet share with my tablet outside of the home but how many i meant to share 0.01mb HA! took it to carphone warehouse and they dont nothing!!

Registered Member
supportlumia

Help me frnds,

i too have this problem, nokia care has no clue abt this,

what should i do, nokia should wake up & solve this issue urgently,

this problem makes my phone look idiotic,

i am thinking abt going to consumer court

Registered Member
dmessia

[ Edited ]

FROM CROATIA!

I updated last software on that **bleep** complicated Zune that gave me and now i got problem with internet on my operator network, it just dont have or reqognize internet. WIFI works just fine....
I was in official Nokia store Zagreb, Croatia and they also dont know how to fix the problem. They said that is common problem with Lumia 800 and the best way is to reset my phone to factory settings and i did it. Five time till now and its the same thing....nothing. Is there any good easy way to fix this situation or leak on a software???????

Please help!

p.s: Nokia please return to OVi or Nokia store. This Zune is complicated **bleep**. Belle is perfect, MeeGoo revolutionary good and easy software, almost perfect, but u stop it. Why, cause of this???? this  version of WM 7.5 is like some china beta version.
Remeber, money isnt everything. Your customer are.......if u want keep on coming that money, feed us with joy, not with this crapy software, sorry!...but is true.

Moderator's note: We have removed personal information from your post because we do not recommend you sharing this on a public discussions board.

Registered Member
dmessia

[ Edited ]

FIVE STEPS TO FIX INTERNET DATA CONNECTION ON LUMIA 800

Problem with internet data connection after update is finnaly resolved!:smileyhappy:
So this is five universal steps to fix problem:
1. settings
2.cellular
3.edit apn
4.username: wap@cingulargprs.com
5.password: cingular1

...and thats it. It should work just fine!

Moderator's note: We have removed personal information from your post because we do not recommend you sharing this on a public discussions board.

Registered Member
rvp_rajesh

[ Edited ]

I went to Nokia care and they have installed latest updates to my Nokia Lumia 800 , But still internet connection is not working , Its completely insane , Its shows the cheap and non-professional ethics of Nokia... Having paid 24000 Rs for this worst Lumia 800 which doesnt support internet in India . Even went to Airtel customer care and recieved worst feedback like Lumia is the worst phone ever made which cant be connected to internet thorugh service provider......Nokia literally **bleep**ing Indian customers.......I am also planning to go to consumer court against Nokia for cheating me...If any other consumer faced same issue like me and willing to go to consumer court plz join with me 

Professor
vvaino

HI,

If your internet connection was working earlier, but not now, first thing to try is just restarting your phone. Otherwise, look what @Kosh said.

-vvaino

#SwitchToLumia
Registered Member
elenva

[ Edited ]

It wasnt working to me before. Its not working now either with kosh's settings.

*note content which is not allowed under the guidelines removed

Registered Member
Rizvi_Dhaka

Really its working fine. Thanks dear. I got the solution after a long time wait.

Registered Member
mecamitmishra

Hi, I am also facing problem in internet connection through lumia 800. i am also planning to go to consumer court. i will like to get support from all of you being cheated by Nokia.

Counsellor
gwydion

Kosh wrote:

Hi,

Please install and use the 'Network Setup' app from Nokia Collection in Marketplace to setup the Internet and MMS apn for your carrier. The app is currently not available in some regions but a new version should be available globally shortly.

If the app is not available yet you can setup the Internet apn through Settings>Mobile network>add apn. You should be able to find the correct settings on your carrier website.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Although Kosh's post was made back in June, it should be noted that the Network Setup App is still not available globally.  Both India and Canada still do not have access to this app.

Registered Member
BigFoodie

@Kosh.

Have tried editing the APN Settings. Spoke to the carrier and Nokia Support Center as well as. I cannot access Google email neither can I access any Internet. I have done a soft reset, used a micro SIM card, tried flight mode and nothing seems to be working. 

I feel I might have gotten a faulty phone. Paid quite a lot of money for the phone. Please provide a solution. 

I get the following error when I try to synchronise Gmail:
80072efd

Thanks!

Registered Member
lumia_800_user

I have similar problem when using my mobile internet. Some sites open but mostly not. It says: HTTP error 403 ... It comes every time when I turn ON my DATA connection in CELULAR menu. 3G is ON too. I can check my e-mails and open few webs but can not visit Marketplace for example. After 20 min (!!!!) it starts work correctly and can have full internet access. When I turn on DATA connection and start it again the problem appears one and same every time. It disappears after ... 15 min! Some time I'm bored coz replaced my old HTC Touch2 with Windows Mobile 6.5 Pro to Lumia 800 ...

PS: I have the recent update version of phone software coming from ZUNE.