Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Problems connecting to AT&T Microcell

dziring

Problems connecting to AT&T Microcell

I set up an AT&T 3G microcell, and for three weeks my wife's phone (Lumia 920) had great reception in our house.  But for the last week the phone has not been connecting to the microcell.  I have restarted both the phone and the microcell, and de- and re-registered the microcell, all with no luck.  
Can anyone think of what else I can try?

Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you checked that you are fully up-to-date with all the latest Nokia system app updates in the Store? also check that if the Portico update is available to you already, to update to it, thru Settings > Phone Storage.

Failing the above, you can try a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates).
Counsellor
garym114

Here is a link to AT&T community for the microcell

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/bd-p/3gmicrocell

Registered Member
JustineS

I have found through this forum as well as AT&T and Windows phone forums that many people are experiencing this problem! I also have a Nokia Lumina 900 and use 3G Microcell at home, I never had a problem before but on June 3rd my phone stopped connecting to microcell...I have been on the phone daily with AT&T customer service as well as Nokia...No one knows why this is happening. I have 2 other phones in my home that are linked to the microcell but they are connecting fine. I have done everything i've been asked to do, reset phone and microcell, deactivate and reactivate Microcell, replace SIM card. After replacing the SIM card my phone connected to microcell but only for  1 day, also customer care has "changed network settings" this also worked but only for a few hours. How can it be that i've seen a number of people on the forums stating they are experiencing the same problems with the Lumina 900 and Microcell but yet noone at AT&T or Nokia or Windows phone has any idea about it!! Beyond frustrated at this point! 

Registered Member
Aprild

Have you been able to resolve your issue?  I've had the same problem with my Nokia.  We've had the microcell for almost a year and I was able to connect without issue until about a month ago.  I've talked to tech support, had my sim card changed out and just exchanged my phone for a new one.  So disappointing to open the box and not have it work either!

Counsellor
RFNAPLES

I have an AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 which I usually use in LTE or Wi-Fi.  The other day I updated Nokia Network Setup to version 2.8.1.30 and it defaulted to AT&T 3G.  Shortly thereafter it failed and I reset the Operator to AT&T - LTE 1 - Lumia and it works properly.  There is also an operator entitled AT&T - LTE 2 -  Lumia.  Unfortunately nothing in the software/firmware explains the difference among the three operators.

Registered Member
madwillow

Same problem with Lumia 900. Worked great with ATT MicroCell for a couple of months. Last week it quit connecting to it. Other cell phones are working fine with the MicroCell. I have done everything but push the reset button on the phone. Will this take me back to Windows 7? Really getting frustrated. Where I'm living now, I have to use the MicroCell or do without cell service. I have used only Nokia phones since 1991, but If this can't be resolved soon, I'll be forced to go with iPhone. Has anybody found a solution?
Registered Member
madwillow

Please, how do you update the Nokia Network Setup? I've looked in settings and can't find any way to do that. Thanks.