Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Radio on Lumia 920 ??

Contributor
buxlmen
Accepted Solution

Radio on Lumia 920 ??

I bought Lumia 920,my previous Nokia were E72(which has all applications which I need !) and there is NO radio !!? What you could do about this ? I'm listening the radio at least twice a day for about two hours..... I spoke with some other guys and they are very disapointed ,too !! Some help ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Radio on Lumia 920 ??

Should of checked out the specs then!
However there is an app called TuneIn Radio in the marketplace

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
buxlmen

yes,it is my mistake to not read the specs...but 600€ and no radio...that is BIG minus for Nokia....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Not really when there is alternatives.
There is also The Nokia BH-221 bluetooth headset that has FM-Radio and NFC built in and you can plug your earphones into that.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
buxlmen

I knew for this device...but 600€ is for phone ,let say,good price and then + 50€ BH 221..... hmmmm,I hope there will be Lumia 920 b or Lumia 921(with radio) :squint:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=28421347

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
buxlmen

I read this some days ago and mistery for me is..why is radio transmiter off...as I said: will change a phone when "new" 920 will come...with radio :w00t:

thx anyway !

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Your welcome.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
djstujones

Hi looking at the specs on siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=28421347 it says, it has hardware for both an FM receiving, and FM transmitting functionality. Thanks to an FM transceiver on the WCN3660 chipset in the Lumia 920 and 820. Is this correct. Just if true, it opens up the possibility that an update in the future may bring it back, as in UK we still have low data caps on 3g and 4g

Thanks, here's hoping :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Arbaerinn

Will be after next update ! Tuneln radio app is fantastic !
Please use plain text.
djstujones

Tunein radio is good, + have the unofficial Radio1 App. just the mobile data, and FM nearly uses no battery as apposed to streaming. FM sharing would be handy to :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
buxlmen

Will be after next update ! from your writing to gods ears....:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nlm92

It would bother me not to have FM radio on a smartphone more than € 500 when I have both FM radio receiver and transmitter on my nokia C7. I know, I'm old-fashioned.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
MAPUSA

I just recently purchased Lumia 920 and am really disappointed with the phone. There were virtually no app on the phone usable. I had to connect to internet to download and make it usable.

Even after the update the camera was close to a 3 MP version. My HTC glacier (my touch4g) took better pictures.

on top it no fm radio.. can't we expect that Nokia would keep up the things that made them poplular in the first place.

Looks like they are trying to sell things like apple - one has to purchase useful apps eg even angry bird is a 0.99$, also people are suggesting bluetooth or streaming as solution for fm radio as if paying 600$ is not enough. They want user to buy apps and accessories. I believe this is just going to kill Nokia

What are we really supposed to expect. If Nokia does not fix the problems. they can say goodbye to the number 1 spot. Sadly with the current problems I cannot recommend nokia ever to anybody

Sorry to use this post to vent.. but bottom line is we should not be expected to pay more in daily use after having paid so much for a handset.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MAPUSA

did buxlmen really accept the solution of bluetooth or did someone accept the solution to close this topic.

Please use plain text.