Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Seriously, are there any Lumia 920 out there t...

Contributor
bubble_fishy

Seriously, are there any Lumia 920 out there that does not have overheating problem????!!!

I got my phone on the 18th/Jan from Telstra, immediately, I noticed the overheating problem.

I believe I got a bad unit, so I went back to my carrier and got it exchanged. But same thing is happening to the new phone!

I have been reading posts on internet of how to resolve this issue, but there is not any effective solution to it??!!!

I can't be bothered to go back to my carrier and exchange for another one, because I am gonna get another faulty Lumia 920, it annoys me!!

I have seen so many posts about this overheating problem, but no one has actually stepped out and say "hey, my phone doesn't have this problem. Mine is awesome!!"

So it makes me wonder - are there any Lumia 920 out there that does not have overheating or battery drain problems??

If your Lumia 920 is working perfectly fine, please share with us. So we can have so hopes in it!! Thanks!!

Also, what I find weird about it is - it doesn't get hot when I am watching videos. But sometimes, when I do nothing at all, I can feel the heat when I pick it up from the table.

PS: Battery is another headache! I guess it link back to the overheating issue.

Today, 4pm in the afternoon, I charged my battery to 100%.

At 9pm, it went down to 50%. I didn't even do much with my phone.

At 10pm, I started playing "Where's my water", 15 minutes later, the phone shut down itself.......cause it's too hot???? It was buring my hand! Seriously!!

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Seriously, are there any Lumia 920 out there that does not have overheating problem????!!!

Had my Lumia 920 since early December, no over heating issues with it and get good battery life. It's been very stable too.

I'm on 3G as 4G isn't available where I am in the UK.
Counsellor
nikkswest

Re: Seriously, are there any Lumia 920 out there that does not have overheating problem????!!!

Check if nokia drive in running in the background.. it does drain the battery a lot.. !!

And are you on 3G ?? yes on 3G some times it does heat up which using IE and also when the 3G network range is very less like 1 or 2 sticks out of 5.. but where's my water n drains around 40 % hmmm.. Tat is seriously not happening with mine.. with around 45min -1hr of games it drops by 20% on EDGE network.. 

3G battery stays for around 12-15hrs.. with a moderate use of the phone.. 

Contributor
bubble_fishy

Thanks for sharing psychomania!!!

Now I am having a bit of faith in this phone.

I'm on 3G as well, but I am from Australia.

I think I will wait for the Portico update and see if the phone still has the same problem.....

Contributor
bubble_fishy

Hey nikkswest,

Yes, I am on 3G.

I turned off all the apps/tasks that are running at the background except Battery Widget. I also turned off NFC, Location service, internet sharing...pretty much everything to reduce battery use. (makes me feel like "why do I need a smart phone for?? I can't do anything with it -_-///) errrrrr! I am very annoyed :smileysad:

Also, I think my signal is pretty good majority of the time....dont know what's causing the heat & battery drain :smileysad:
Contributor
The_Harimau

Mate same problem here!

From Sydney, got my phone via online webstore 3 months ago. After 1 month out of frustration replaced it and fingers crossed that this 920 device would work properly. 

It did! Phone was not heating up (only while charging) and after playing games for lets say more than 30 minutes. I guess you can live with it..

After the Portico ? update problems occur. Phone is getting hot no matter what app I start. Even when I call the phone gets hot. This is absolute unacceptable! Charged my phone to 100%, call for lets say 30 minutes --> 75% left!!! My Blackberry Curve last for about 3 days! Brand new Galaxy III or Iphones at least 2 days 9when brand new)

Customer service isnt helpful either. 

My provider is Amaysim which is on the network of Optus. Hope they can do something otherwise I have to switch over. Pity as the Lumia 920 is the best phone in the market as we speak.... 

Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

i am in Perth, Australia and have had no problems with my 920. Have you tried the official battery tips stated on these forums, for conserving battery life? also check that your phone is up-to-date with the latest Portico update for Windows Phone 8, via checking in Settings > Phone Update. also check that you are fully up-to-date with all the latest Nokia system app updates in the Store.

failing that, you can try performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates). and as above, turn off unnecessary features such as Tap+Send and Location services in the Settings, when not in use, and you should see a substanital increase in battery life.
Contributor
The_Harimau

My problem occured after I updated the Portico update. Just charged my phone to 100%, checked on skype a few messages 89% left.. **bleep** this in a 15 minute periode. 

Some apps are heating up when I use them. for example Whats app or playing games (games I could understand however still concerns me) 

I followed up all the recommended  battery settings before the Portico update. 

Question, you can always conserve your battery but Nokia is saying that isnt recommended. What are your thoughts? 

Counsellor
deep9

Hi All .....
1. Use official Battery Tips started on these forums for conserving Battery Life......
2. Download ' Battery Boost ' software and use ...
Thanks.....
Counsellor
garym114

As you know the cause is the rate of battery charge or discharge. Battery temperature is the symptom.

We have two 920's and both have good battery life. Just checked mine. It is at 79% and last charged 21 hours ago. Both have the update and typically connected to 4G. WiFi, bluetooth NFC and phone finder are on and all other background apps are off. Both phones play 2-3 hours of games a day, music connected to a zune dock with 3.5mm jack and my wife does facebook. Music is from downloaded Nokia Music radio mix.

I can't remember the event that started it but the battery in my phone was depleating fast one day. A soft reset stopped the drain.