Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Slow mail send outbox sync is fast after restart -...

Contributor
dkaplan137

Slow mail send outbox sync is fast after restart - Lumia 920 WiFi

I often find that sending emails from my Lumia 920 vis WiFi is very slow. But it seems to be much faster right after the phone is powered up. Has anyone else seen this? A message will sit in my Outbox for minutes. Then I power down the phone and power it back up and the message is sent immediately.

This seems like a bug of some sort. (My phone is fully up to date.)

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Re: Slow mail send outbox sync is fast after restart - Lumia 920 WiFi

Hi dkaplan,

Could you check if the Wi-Fi connection is stable? Try to press and hold the power button and volume down key for 10 seconds and then observe. 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Contributor
dkaplan137

Re: Slow mail send outbox sync is fast after restart - Lumia 920 WiFi

Yes, WiFi is stable, and forcing a restart as you suggest causes the outgoing messages to be sent immediately.