Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Too loud beep; Health risk

SGRBug
Accepted Solution

Too loud beep; Health risk

I experienced a very disturbing and potentially health risking issue with my Lumia 610 with latest Win7.8 firmware. At the end of the phone call there are 3 beeps, which are extremely loud. Those beeps causing real physical pain to me.

I am using Nokia phones more than a decade now, but I have not experienced such an issue before with earlier models. Please, help, I need an urgent solution.

I found a somewhat similar, but dead topic, without any usable response: Very loud beeps and ringtones

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Regarding ringtones you can always change them.
The beep at end of call dont get any so i cant say why you do.
You could always move phone away from ear slightly

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
SGRBug

"The beep at end of call dont get any so i cant say why you do."

I mean the 3 beep you hear when the other party releases the call. Nokia phones, at least the good old DCT3, DCT3.5, DCT4, S30, S40 family and S60/Symbian ones behaved exactly this way. So does my Lumia. But my Lumia 610, and as far as I heard not just mine, is making these 3 beeps extremely loud.

uvm_

Yes. That is true.

And also true is Nokia is not hearing complaints made by customer regarding this.

Customers like me and others are also facing the same issue.

The sound is so loud that it may lead permanent hearing disability. I guess, mobiles made without any certifications are better in this regard.

Nokia should take this issue seriously.

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Your feedback is been taken seriously and passed on. Thank you

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520