Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Touch screen not functional (Lumia 800)

Counsellor
ejovi

Touch screen not functional (Lumia 800)

I'm not sure what happened but my touch screen isn't functional. Buttons work but the touch screen is not opperating like it should. I had plenty of battery life left. I tried restarting it a few times, but the touch screen won't work. I had this phone for a month and it's driving me crazy w/ these problems. I'm in the process of charging the phone, hopefully that helps.

Nokia phones (Owned 1999-Now):
5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800 XM , Lumia 800, Lumia 900 (Currently owned)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ejovi

I'm in the process of restoring the phone. I hope that works.

5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800 XM , Lumia 800, Lumia 900 (Currently owned)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ejovi

...so I did the (restore)downgrade and did the upgrade on the firmware and the touch screen worked. I did the dianostic test and everything work. Moments later the touch screen doesn't work. WHY!!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dlwtong

i have the same problem, nothing wrong with your phone. problem shouldn't happen when charge with USB, the problem is with the charger. replace the charger then will be all good

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ejovi

dlwtong wrote:

i have the same problem, nothing wrong with your phone. problem shouldn't happen when charge with USB, the problem is with the charger. replace the charger then will be all good

I used 3 different chargers. I used a wall charger, USB - PC, USB cable + wall charger, USB cable + car charger. The phone gets fully charged, but the silly touch screen doesn't want to work. I could completely drain the battery and try different chargers, but that's gonna take forever.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ejovi

...so I ended up erasing the phone completely though the windowsphone website and restored everything to it's original specs and the touch screen still doesn't work. What do you guys think faulty device or recall?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Have you tried the hard reset? If that doesn't fix it then it's safe to say that your phone is faulty or damaged.

Hard reset instructions here (make sure you do the hard reset, not the soft reset):
http://www.ukmobilereview.com/manufacturers/m-nokia/reset-nokia-lumia-800/

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ejovi

I tried the hard reset and it still doesn't work. I contacted the warranty company and I'm gonna mail out the phone and see if they can get it fixed or replaced. Until then I'll be using my old Nokia N72, that I had for 6 years and it's still going strong.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
djay070

Hey there, I'm facing the exact same problem with my lumia 800, please tell me if you found any solution for that.!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
joey1974

Have the same problem with mine.

Had it for 3 weeks and has never been no good, can't text with it or select some things from the menu ie settings!!

Have done a hard reset and is worse than ever!! ,  so will taking it to my local nokia care centre today.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Same problem here. Wow. Im not alone. Im thinking how much money did nokia lost because of this failure.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Florancedougal

Hi guys i had the very same problem it turned out I had a scratch in my screen protector , as soon as I removed it my touchscreen worked and its been ok for three months now hope this helps
Please use plain text.
richie2388

the touch doesn't work so i can olny receive calls, i cannot go in the menu nor can confirm anything for the scroll and the select feature is in the touch feature

Please use plain text.
richie2388

i try using the pc suite but i cannot switch to nokia Ovi suite bcuz the touch doesn't work
Please use plain text.
androtech

the issue here: cant unlock the screen, or take calls due to the unresponsive screen. any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi androtech

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! :Cool:

You may check this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2606900

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
badbones

Think i might have a fix for a non working touch screen with question mark on battery indicator, after months of messing around with my phone.

First while phone is switched on remove the screen from the phone while the two connectors are still attached, remove the small flex cable and plug the usb into the pc, turn off the phone using the power button camera buton and volume up arrow, when the phone restarts the touch screen works and the battery indicator is no longer a (?).

The down side the screen flip feature doesnt work but everything else does

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PotatoYumYums

How do you remove the screen?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Blumenkind

hey! this last idea actually worked for me! you can try it just with the big cable on and then when it works shut it down again and reconnect the small cable. im so glad you figured that out, thanks a LOT!

Please use plain text.