Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Two weeks and battery keeps getting better

Counsellor
michail71

Two weeks and battery keeps getting better

I have to admit I was frightened by how hard it was to keep a charge on the phone the first few days.  I didn't believe everyone that said it got better.  But now I have no worries about getting through my day with heavy usage.

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Yes, I do remember being called a liar.  :smileywink:

Sage
derSchlauste

[ Edited ]

I bet you lie :thumbsup:

Do you have some advices how to charge the lumia?

I had 3 phone calls today over 2G network. Phone was around 90%. After 3 hours of calling the phone was at 21%. Display was on, phoned over speakers, connection was turned down to 2G only and WiFi was on but not transceiving anything.

I find this a bit weak, Nokias specs said calls can last up to 8 hours over 2G . I guess fully charged I can come up to 4-4.5 hours. I have my 920 10 day til today and charged it 7 times when it gets around 20-30% to train the battery. Don't know if this really works. Does it?

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

4.5 hours of continuous talk time on speakerphone is not bad considering you have only had the phone just over a week. Bring the battery down to below 10% before charging once. Manufacture figures are based on theoretically ideal condition without being on speaker and nothing else on, including the display. The speaker and display in particular uses a lot of power. 

Sage
derSchlauste

To turn off the screen or to lock the device while calling will do the trick. I remember my Nokia C7 got locked automatically, but I think I have to get used to it to lock the Lumia while calling over speakerphone or Bluetooth.
Symbian was thoughtful. I hope WP will reach the same level.