Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: WP 7.8 update on Lumia 710

Counsellor
ausrius517
Accepted Solution

WP 7.8 update on Lumia 710

Hello.

Lumia 800 and 900 users already got ability to update their handsets to WP 7.8. Do Lumia 710 users get update later or it will be no update to WP 7.8 for Lumia 710 users?

Regards, Ausrius. 

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Hi ausrius517,

WP7.8 will be available soon on Lumia 710's but don't have any exact date. For now, all we can do is to wait until the update is available for download via Zune. 

Thanks,

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Registered Member
agyour

can we have the exact date of release through zune.
Registered Member
sonofmaratha

I have two 710 models, i get succeeded to update my one handset
Bt with my other phone i have getting error that my phone is up to date
With 7.10 version,
I want new update.. Please help
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

sit tight for the next three weeks or so, as Nokia has stated that after this period the roll-out of the WP 7.8 update will be complete, and if you haven't received the update, to check with your network carrier or your local Nokia Care: http://nokia.com/support
Registered Member
azafirster

Lumia 710 is listed under wp 7.8 update for malaysia. But i still get message: your phone is up to date. Current phone software version : 7.10 (8773). I Just did the update check on 7th Feb 2013 using zune. When is the update uploaded for the phone to update on zune? Getting very frustrating having to wait for so long for this update.

Registered Member
Jasper_paul

Same problem.. I am not able to update to the latest version. My friend who is having Lumia 610 was able to get the update. Certainly frustrating.

Registered Member
abrahamr

Hi till I didnot get the 7.8 upadte for my lumia 710?

Pls help to get

Community Manager
tiny_chef

The release of the update is still in progress. Like what jekiboi has said, the best action is still to wait for it.

The Windows Phone 7.8 update is now rolling out for Nokia Lumia smartphones through February. Delivery of the update is operator dependent, meaning you will receive a notification in the coming weeks if you have an unlocked phone or if your operator has approved the update. If you don’t receive the update notification within the next three weeks, please contact your operator for more information

http://conversations.nokia.com/2013/01/30/get-even-more-from-your-nokia-lumia-with-windows-phone-7-8...

Final Banner
Registered Member
deliniz

[ Edited ]

am from Nigeria. I got an info about the update on email and it notified me on my phone as well Zune but I was unable to download it because I got another schedule HOWEVER on coming back I was told my phone is already up to date to 7.10. I was thinking of resetting my phone until I saw the thread of comments here. So our dear moderator are you saying I should hang on for a while? Thank you I will appreciate your response xxxxxxx@yahoo.com is my email

Moderator's note: Post edited because of email address. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum. Thanks for understanding. 

Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi deliniz,

Welcome to Nokia Forum!

Yes, that is correct as you need Zune software to detect the update and download it on your phone. 

Final Banner
Contributor
vasko85114

In my country the Windows Phone 7.8 for Lumia is availavable according to your support site in Bulgaria, but i have a lumia 710 and it will not update, zune says you already have the latest version whitch is 8779 ! What to do to recieve the WP 7.8 ? Thank you for your help.

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You may be in Bulgaria, but it is possible that your phone is not a Bulgarian variant because it was imported from another country. Another possibility is you have a Bulgarian variant but it is an operator branded variant. Updates for operator branded phones have to be approved by the operator before release. You need to contact the operator regarding the approval. 

Contributor
vasko85114

My Nokia Lumia 710 is operator free variation, also in the site of the Nokia Support Says Lumia 710 in Bulgaria has rolled out the update and i cheked the list of the updatable devises and my Lumia 710 is in it, so what to do ? I can give you my IMEI of needed to solve that issue. :smileysad: Thank you

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Do not post your IMEI here. There are people who steal IMEI's to use for cloning phones. Simplest suggestion is to get your phone updated at your local Nokia Care Point. You can locate your nearest care point using the link below.

www.nokia.com/support

Contributor
vasko85114

You are being funny, thanks for the advice i will not post the IMEI here, so in Bulgaria is not ever heard of Nokia Care Points. We do that at home. What solution we can think about, i was thinking of flashing the damn phone :smileyhappy: !

Mobile Guru
93tid

Try asking @NokiaHelps on Twitter

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Don't flash your phone. You may lose your warranty doing that. I will PM you another possible solution whicb you can try but I can't post here.

Contributor
vasko85114

Thank you, i am so gratefull for your help. You are being so sweet all of you here. :smileyhappy: I am wating for your mail.

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Check you private messages. Message sent.