Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Whatsapp doesn't work on 2G

Counsellor
cash710
Accepted Solution

Whatsapp doesn't work on 2G

Whatsapp works on 3G and WiFi but not on EDGE/GPRS. I tried reinstalling. I tried deleting account, reinstalling and re-registering. I also tried switching to 2G while it is working on WiFi.

I also have updated to latest version but nothing works.
It works fine on 3G and WiFi though.

Help?
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@cash710

Are you on Vodafone?

Have a look at this thread:http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/WhatsApp-Issue-On-my-Lumia-800/m-p/1395021/...

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Counsellor
cash710

[ Edited ]

Yes I'm on Vodafone and I think you gave the correct solution.

BUT

A new problem just arised. I had uninstalled whatsapp and NOW THERE IS NO WHATSAPP IN THE MARKETPLACE!

I searched for whatsapp via App Flow and can't install from there either. There is a message which says it is not available in my region or the phone software needs to be updated!

The new OS update definitely has brought many bugs!

Edit: This is not the only app which is facing this problem of not being available. Many other apps have disappeared from my marketplace.

Funny thing is, my friend who bought the same phone at the same time I  bought is able to use whatsapp as he has it installed YET his marketplace can't find it. He searched through App Flow and has the same message. :smileytongue:

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

WhatsApp has been pulled from Marketplace. The reason for this is not known at this time, but we know it will return with an updated version. No timeframe has been given for this. You may want to contact WhatsApp support for more information as this is a 3rd party application.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Registered Member
samperz

whatsapp works perfectly fine on my phone. It has a GPRS network and is the nokia asha 201. the whatsapp app was pre installed onto the phone when i bought it new. Nothing is wrong with the 2G but you cannot connect with your wifi at home and it costs a lot of money if you have a pay as you go phone. like me.:smileyvery-happy:

Registered Member
Narender3531

Go settings->mobile network->data roam options and select roam. This illogical thing will make watsapp work in 2g.