Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

WiFi Password Problem

tommyold85
Accepted Solution

WiFi Password Problem

Hi

i have a problem with the WiFi setting.

Everytime i try to connect to my home's wifi, the phone says that the password is incorrect.

The password is correct, but what can i do?

Counsellor
RockEviltwin

Re: WiFi Password Problem

Try changing the password of your router. Avoid unusual special characters.

tommyold85

[ Edited ]

I change the Security Key from Wep to Wpa.
Now the password is recognized, but it still can't connect to the wifi.

Edit: I also tried changing the channel parameter of the router to 1/6 and 11, but nothing,

The phone cannot connect, while all my other devices work properly.

dancermr

I am just on here to say that I have the exact same problem! I don't understand it, the password is right but it says it is incorrect. I have the lumia 710. When I tried it earlier it worked, but now it keeps telling me that the password is incorrect. What should I do?

Registered Member
TommyHorse

I'm having the same problems - everything else can connect to my Wifi network no bother, but the new phone (710) won't have a bar of it, it just keeps telling me that the password is wrong which it is not.  There are no weird characters in it, it's all alpha numeric although it uses different cases.  Pretty frustrating.  The network uses WPA security - I haven't been able to find anywhere in the phone to specify what type of security to use but I assume this isn't an issue or it would be easier to find and change...  Would love to hear a solution.

Contributor
Lesta_G

With WEP you need to give the phone one of the 4 hex keys that is generated by the passphrase
e.g
Passphrase. bodyguard
Generates 4 keys
Ef35avd
Fd6a12
a1f567a
Fa590f
Use one of these

Don't have an answer for wpa

Employee
dn08

We are currently checking this topic with the team responsible for the Lumia 710.
Meanwhile, please delete the access point and start again. To do this go into the Start > Settings > WiFi > Advanced > Select > Delete. Let me know if this helps.

Can you let me know which model of router you're trying to connect to? What type of security does it use? Supported WLAN security standards are :
WEP 64 bit / WEP 128 bit
WPA-PSK
WPA2

Registered Member
bla2mb

Hello I have a lumia 710 and its doing the same problem.. the 1st time i tried to connect to my airport (mac router) it worked but now every time i try to connect it says unsuccessful, i have tried deleting it and restarting the cell phone but doesn't help... i don't have other internet access with this cellphone so without wi-fi access i'm pretty much screwed... any help is appreciated

Registered Member
bla2mb

I just tried restarting my router and that worked.
Sukhvir

I'm having this same problem with my new Nokia Lumia 710.

I can't connect to my home WiFi network using my known Password.

I'm trying to connect to a: "Draytek  - Vigor2800VG" Router.

This is very disappointing.

Registered Member
miquette

At the top it's posted as solved but I did not see the solution. I can connect to my wifi at home but not the office. Both are ATT Uverse accounts. I have been able to connect other wireless devices to my office wifi but not this phone. It keeps telling my password is incorrect and it's not. I have tried changing it but that has no effect.

Registered Member
shankarjayanth

My wifi security type is WPA-TKIP

and i don't have the option to change it to PSK. I have other option of 'AES'. 

and the thing is, the router is from the local ISP and i guess I can't reconfigure it or change the password..

Registered Member
manuelk

Same problem here...

Has anyone a solution?

Contributor
m_irle

Same problem here.

Lumia 920 + WPA2/AES + Vodafone router (my ISP)

It keeps telling me the password is wrong or that it can't connect.

I tried different passwords and also WPA, didn't help.

I'm seeing exactly the same on my MS Surface, so maybe this is W8 RT related.

All the other devices (W7, Vista, Andriod, Windows Mobile) work just fine.

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

@m_irle

Try restarting your router.
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Contributor
m_irle

@Raoul_Duke:

Nope, also tried different transmission modes (b/g/n).

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Have you the VF HG556 modem? I have the same router with similar settings to yours and connected my Lumia 920 no problems. Have you mac filtering enabled by any chance? 

Contributor
m_irle

@cjlim

Me? I usually have, but I disabled it after it couldn't connect for the first time.

I've got an EasyBox 602 provided by Vodafone Germany.

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Unfortunately not familiar with the Easybox. One thing I would try though is to temporarily disable encryption and see if the phone will connect. At least you will know if there is a fundamental connection problem or a problem with just the encryption. Another thing worth checking is the router log which may contain relevant information about the connection attempt. 

jbegoodus

I have the same problem connecting Lumia 920 to the wifi. iPhone 4 and Samsung focus with windows 7.5 OS are connected with no problem what so ever. I have all the time "incorrect password' message on my Lumia 920. Any patch available for this bug ?