Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Worried about my Lumia 920

Contributor
dalydose

Worried about my Lumia 920

I'm a little worried that I might have a bad unit.  I am having the following issues:

1.  Dust is collecting in the front facing camera.  I've only had this thing for 3 weeks (today) and the dust accumilation is troubling.
2.  The phone gets HOT...not warm, but HOT.  It gets hot on the wireless charger.  It gets hot while using Skype.  It gets hot under other scenarios, but i need to play closer attention.
3.  The battery life is horrible and getting worse.  It used to be when I'd have a full charge, that the battery saver thing would say 100% - 1 day, X amount of hours.  I knew this wasn't "real life" true, but it was good to know that it would last that long if I didn't use it.  NOW, 100% charge tells me 13 or 14 hours and it's nowhere near that.  The other day, it was down to 29% after about 4 hours of moderately heavy use.  Not good.

Like I said, I'm at 3 weeks, today, so AT&T won't take the exchange and I doubt that they have any red ones in stock anyway.  Are other people having the same issues??  Should wait and let them work out any production issues before trying to get a warranty replacement?  I don't know what to do.

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Worried about my Lumia 920

The phone should get warm but not hot. This could also be connected to the battery draining. I suggect you either return it for a replacement or get it checked out at a nokia care point.