Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: You've reached the available storage limit on ...

Advisor
grochu
Accepted Solution

You've reached the available storage limit on your phone - but still have above 3.3 GB free - Nokia Lumia 820

Hi,

I am trying to download Asphalt 7, which is about 890 MB size.

I get error: "You've reached the available storage limit on your phone".

I do not understand that as I have 3.31 free space on the phone (internal phone storage).

I have Nokia Lumia 820, 8 GB internal memory:

music+videos: 0 bytes

pictures: 0 bytes

apps: 648.91 MB

other: 1.51 GB

system: 1.95 GB

free space: 3.31 GB

I also have 8 GB SD card which is almost all free.

I do not understand why I get this warning. How do I install app???

Is there a bug with storage management???

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: You've reached the available storage limit on your phone - but still have above 3.3 GB free - Nokia Lumia 820

This is a widly reported issues with the game across devices. It is not at all related to Nokia Lumia devices specifically so I suggest you take this up with the game developers.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Advisor
grochu

Re: You've reached the available storage limit on your phone - but still have above 3.3 GB free - Nokia Lumia 820

Thanks for feedback.

As workaround I installed this game from SD card using .XAP file.

But I think somebody has to have a look at this anyway.

I do not know if this is game developers or o/s issue. But storage should be managed on the os level in my understanding so I believe it is os bug.

Than you

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

It seem to require a huge amount of storage to unpack and install, this would def. count as an issue with the game developer who probably tested on a Lumia 920 with 32GB storage and figured it would work on any device..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Advisor
grochu

This is Gameloft, Asphalt 7 game. It is hard for me to believe Gameloft did not put correct testing in place including all devices and QE processes.

I did some more research and looks like you are right with storage. It requires 870 MB for game download file. + Temp storage for uncompressing and installing app.

Still hard to understand 3x more space is required to install app. But looks like this is the way the've done it.

Workaround, just install app from SD card.

Thanks for feedback.

Registered Member
Peteyo10

I've got an 820, with plenty of space free, can't install Real Football 2013, same error message.

Out of interest, storage is showing 2gb "other"... whats that? is it possible to clear it down?

Contributor
ANimQW

I installed them from the micro sd, but when try from market the same message appear.

To be able to install form the market you need at least 4,2 GB (if I remember correct) free for the programs that are 700+ MB.

Registered Member
xlilrafax

My friend I my found you solution.. I had the same problem when I was trying to download Real Soccer 2013..

Well I went online and I found out you can download oversize apps for you lumia 820. throught your computer and automaticaly transfer to you phone with you app account email and password.

go to this link and try to download any game

Just follow the page and that is it.

http://www.nokialumiaapplications.com/?s=Asphalt+7&post_type=post&submit.x=12&submit.y=6

it works for me must work for you also or anyone with lumia 820 enjoy my friend

Registered Member
Voyager2377

Just thought I would point out how I managed to do it. I was getting the same issue but just incase the price shot up, I decided to purchase the game via windows store online via a PC. Then it auto synced with my phone via my account online and automatically started to download the game onto my phone. Strange how this worked, was actually hoping to download the file to the PC and then copy to phone, but this all just happened LOL

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

The latest Nokia Firmware update which includes the storgage check app fixed the issue quite nicely..

---

Registered Member
TheyAreAmungUs

This would have been less of an issue if Nokia had matched the storge of the phone this is meant to be an upgrade from....

I am having same issue with Modern Combat 4 a game I have been looking forward to for ages and now cant play it even though its only 1gb< and I have just under 4gb free, I even remastered my phone to download it but didnt work with all the Lumias memory free! (which is only about 5gbish anyways)

Registered Member
Luckers

Just registered to write that. I have Lumia 820 too.
This is ridiculous, I have over 3gb free and can't install any app over 500mb. That, even though i received the OS update /w storage check today and cleared everthing i could.
It can't be that we have to rely on SD-Card installations. Most devices don't even have that.
Just my 2 cents
gaiahood

Spartan assault asked for 691Mb and I have 1.91Gb.  Nokia 820. This is a problem that Nokia should fix. Why can't we install to SD card! Might try the manual install, but it's such as strange thing that Nokia thinks this is okay to not allow straight to sd at point of install. I like the phone very much but not this aspect!

vsvrocks

Am having the same problem...was trying to download the dark knight...n it showed dat storage message...den tried many other games...all showed the same message except N.O.V.A3.....and dat game is 1018 mb....wers the problem den the game developers...or nokia....or windows os.....wherever it is plzz slove...