Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

bluetooth in nokia lumia 710

kajorka

bluetooth in nokia lumia 710

Hi! I just bought Nokia lumia 710. I tried to connect it via Bluetooth to a few different phones. It always says "not suported". Any idea how to connect?
Thanks in advance!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: bluetooth in nokia lumia 710

Hi kajorka,

Thanks for posting and welcome.

Windows phone does currently not support connecting to other devices for file transfer. Supported are profiles for audio and connection to a car system (through Phone Book Access Profile). For more information check the device page.

You might also want to check this post on the next update, a release date for this is as yet not known, but it will be some time after the release of Windows Phone 8.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi

If you are trying to connect to other devices with the intention of file transfer, this is not possible with the current set of of Bluetooth protocols the Lumia has, But this will be addressed with the upcoming update for the Lumia.

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maniikandan

I plan to buy nokia 710 this week., i know it does not have bluetooth connectivity to transfer images & music. But in future., nokia came with bluetooth option in nokia 710(windows8) can i upgrade or add that option to my old lumia 710 (7.5mango) ?? Briefly explain..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

No, you will not be able to update the 710 to WP8. You will be able to update it to 7.8 instead though. This is entirely due to hardware limitations of the 710.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Apidra

Morning, my query re the Nokia Lumia 710.

Trying to connect to my old phone which is a Nokia C3 via bluetooth to download my music and pics.But it say not supported.  Is there any way I can connect to get my music and pics??

Please help!!

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

@Apidra if you have a computer, you are able to use the latest Nokia Suite, upload your existing content to Microsoft OneDrive. Then, you are able to sync with your Windows Phone over the air. Did that help?

Please use plain text.