Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

email settings for Nokia Mail (@ovi.com) ??

Counsellor
chanchukwan

email settings for Nokia Mail (@ovi.com) ??

Currently I'm using Lumia 800. Everything works well until today, that I can't login the Nokia Mail account, the just prompts me to enter the id and pwd. Later on I delete the account and add the account again, but the automatically defined settings cannot log me into nokia mail.

Another phone of mine, Nokia E6, is just working well with the same Nokia Mail account.

So, I wonder if there are some tricks to add the Nokia Mail account. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Re: email settings for Nokia Mail (@ovi.com) ??

[ Edited ]

Hi chanchukwan,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

I added my Nokia Mail account by going to Settings > email + accounts, add new account and selected Nokia Mail, input my email address (in the form of username@ovi.com) and password and it connected me to the service without problems.

The automatically fetched server settings are as follows:

Incoming email server:   imap.mail.ovi.com:883:1

Outgoing email server:   smtp.mail.ovi.com:465:1

Tick both "Outgoing server requires authentication" and "Use the same username and password for sending email".  

Let us know if this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chanchukwan

[ Edited ]

i've follow the procedures, but the email app just prompts me to re-enter the user id & pwd.

However, when I add the account by selecting "others", and enter the @ovi.com id&pwd, the auto generated settings works well (although the imap and smtp addresses are still the same as those of nokia mail)

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

In some cases you need to select "other" from the list, this may happen with email accounts such as @googlemail.com, which is basically the same as Gmail but may require different settings (and keep on asking for your credentials). So, if the default "Nokia Mail" does not work, there is no harm in using the "other" choice. 

Good to hear that you got it working!

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chanchukwan

I wonder if it is related to login with multiple devices, as I am using Nokia E6 in the same time which the Nokia Mail account is stay synchronized in this phone.

Currently the Nokia Mail push in my E6 is disabled to see if the Lumia 800 still keeps prompting for password
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Zac73

Hi

I have exactly the same issue with my WP7.8 Lumia 800:

- Re-installed the Nokia (OVI powered by Yahoo!) mail client

- Still keeps on prompting for pwd & id

- Even if submitting the above many times still replys stay in the outbox

- Power cycles etc. do not really help

Next is now to try this "other" option. I hope that will help, I will let you know.

Zac

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

Ovi mail does this a lot. It's not the Lumia's fault, I've had a lot of problems recently on Android phone. You just have to keep playing around with it including deleting and reinstalling it. There is a an Android Yahoo app which seems a bit more reliable than trying to use it as a direct email set up.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Winmatic

Re: email settings for Nokia Mail (@ovi.com) ?? SMTP port 587

Try to use SMTP port 587.

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

Currently
incoming server imap.mail.ovi.com:993:1

outgoing smtp.mail.yahoo.com. works.

Our "proper"email address at home is a BT Yahoo address. I've actually found it almost as unreliable as the Ovi one and have moved every thing that is important to a gmail account.
Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

My settings are quite different from Puigchild's
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chanchukwan

The yahoo mail app for android works well with ovi account, with push email support

What a shame that nokia doesn't provide any app even for her mail service on her smartphone
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Please use plain text.
Syedm

I use moto g android phone where I am not able to set up ovi email I gives me an error user name or password error but how ever I am able to log in from my pc and from phone Web can you please help me out
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Use this link from browser.
https://www.nokiamail.com

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Syedm

I am able to log in from browse. I am not able to set up a mail from the app I tried downloading different app from play store and the software version of my phone is 4.4.4 can someone help me on this
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,i have xperia e phone.till some days before I was accessing my ovi mail on my mobile emailw app but now this is not working and saying again and again invalid user name and password.although my email id and password is correct bcoz I am using this from my pc
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
koepit

I use android 4.2.2 it used to work before, but few days ago it keep saying sign in falied. I try to reset the setting but it says the username/password invalid. Anybody can help ?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jeokim

I am having same issue with a few Lumia devices and Galaxy note3.

And no idea which company is liable on this, Nokia, Yahoo, or Microsoft?

Please use plain text.
Sage
HandyR

[ Edited ]

I think you should select yahoo on andorid devices.
For Lumia devices please select Nokia Mail.

Please use plain text.