Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

my lumia 720 is not getting switch off

Avimanyu

my lumia 720 is not getting switch off

My new lumia 720 is not getting switch off as it automatically get on after few minutes...please help me, it had started since last 2 days. What to do not understand,it is not plugin in charge
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: my lumia 720 is not getting switch off

hi mate,

have you tried performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates). also check that you are fully up to date with any firmware updates thru checking in Settings > Phone Update, and also checking that you have the latest Nokia system app updates installed.
Registered Member
Prejith

Hi mate,

I am also having the same issue for my lumia 720. It is not getting switched off, when trying to switch off using the power button phone is getting restarted instead of switch off. Dont know what to do. phone is updated with the latest updates.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate, looks like your only option now is to perform a hard reset, and if that doesn't work, then you will need to take your phone to your nearest Nokia care location for inspeciton.
Registered Member
Prejith

Thanks mate for the reply.

I thinking of living with the issue as alternative option available to make phone to airplane mode to replicate the switch off scenario., but only thing is if this is a new phone i buyed last week. and i am wondering if it is a hardware issue i just replace the phone.

Regards

Prejith

Mobile Guru
ugura

There are many L720 users experiencing the same issue. I believe this is a really interesting bug and I really wonder what may cause this. Some 720 users say that they fix the problem by turning off the auto brightness setting

lumia won't (always) shut down

The silence will fall