Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

no sim card detection in nokia lumia 520

Registered Member
kinshuk55

no sim card detection in nokia lumia 520

I bought nokia lumia 520 from india which has a micro sim slot. I have a vodafone sim which was converted into a micro sim.
the phone was working good for few days but suddenly it was showing error of no sim detected while the sim was still there. there is no issue regarding unlocking. the phone was earlier I.e. I was able to make calls but now its not detecting.....what shud I do??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: no sim card detection in nokia lumia 520

Contact your network for a proper replacement micro SIM. Cut down sims will cause problems so it's always best to use a proper micro SIM.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kinshuk55

can I get it without changing my phone number??
and why is it so that sometimes it is showing and sometimes not??
and now it is not at all detecting the sim and showing error of no sim or invalid sim
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You should get it without affecting your No. , any credit and also most operators provide this for Free ... 

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

You just need to tell the network operator your SIM card has stopped working. It happens from time to time even if you haven't cut it down. I'm not sure about India but new SIM cards in the U.K are all convertible, they come in the standard size but the micro SIM can be popped out if phone takes micro SIM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arnavkundra1967

Re: problem of forbidden network...in nokia lumia 520....how to overcome it?

My sim is detecting no networks and it is showing no service and it is showing that ur network is forbidden...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arnavkundra1967

Pls reply quickly.........
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Is it that your phone is locked to one Network and you are trying a SIM from other Network ?

Please use plain text.
Sage
songoku777

to help isolate the problem if its the sim or the fone.. you can pop in a known good sim (perhaps of the same network as yours). if it works, its your sim that has a problem. if it doesn't work.. your fone may have a problem.

also check / wipe the sim contacts. make sure the try is inserted properly n snug.
Please use plain text.
karthiknitw

Could you get this "SIM error" problem rectified? If so, could you please share how to go about it? I have similar problem with new Lumia 520 (bought 1 month back). Suddenly call gets dropped and shows SIM error or some times, this message pops up and stays for long time. Is this phone H/w issue? Or SIM issue...I got my new micro SIM obtained from Vodafone store after deactivating earlier mini SIM.
Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

[ Edited ]

Check if your SIM is working properly on another phone. If it is then there could be a problem with your SIM card holder. Have it checked out at Nokia Care.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
habila

hello!! guys plzz help me

i baught a nokia lumia 520 2 days before and

when i insert my sim it says sim error, no sim card inserted or invalid...

i have inserted this sim at another phone also..but it works fine..

what should i do now???plz hlp mi guys...is it handsets problem??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

habila - Though you tested the SIM in another phone, it would be a better idea to try another SIM in your Nokia Lumia 520. Preferably get another SIM which is a ready Micro SIM and not one cut from the regular Mini SIM ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
S_Maths

I also just recently bought a Lumia 520. I bought it in South Africa and I live in Swaziland (next door to SA). I inserted my SIM and got the same message. So Ibought a new SIM and inserted it to find the exact same message. Help please!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
trulite

Kindly help resolve SIM Forbiden issue.

My nokia lumia could no longer dectect one one of my SIM, Prompting sim error or invalid sim. but the SIM work in other phone

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

@trulite

As usual, please make sure that your SIM is a proper micro sim and not a mini sim. Also if you can definitely rule out the sim as the cause then you should get the phone checked out for possible hardware defects.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gollamitthi

I am in same problem with my nokia 820. sim works fine with other phones, and no microsim works in my fon.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Adarshkulkarni

My SIM card is not detecting only in my mobile. I am able to use the same on the other cell phone.  Can you help?

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
poochini21

Hi Adarshkulkarni,

Welcome to the forum! :cathappy:

Is this for a Lumia 520 as well? Aside from the micro-SIM not being detected, are you getting the same 'forbidden network' error mentioned by some users in this thread? If this is for a 520, are you using a standard micro-SIM card or a cut up regular SIM? Most Lumia phones (excluding the 1520) use standard micro-SIM cards.

As suggested by @farby, try using other SIM cards on your phone and see if they'll work. If this won't help, provide us more details about your issue so we can further check for other possible fixes.

We'll wait for your response. :cathappy:

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ajinkya23

I bought Lumia 520 one year earlier,&my network provider is Vodafone. Suddenly, my Phone started showing a message 'SIM error' or 'Invalid SIM' . Initially i thought its network problem so i rushed to Vodafone Store and Exchanged my old SIM for a Standard Micro SIM, But my Phone still showed the same message. When i inserted my SIM to another cell phone it was perfectly working, and when  tried putting other SIM cards (IDEA and Reliance) in my Nokia Lumia 520 they too showed the same problem. This means there's no Network issue, its the problem with the Handset.! Plz help..! Have attached the screenshot of the message.!

Please use plain text.